Pro 2.3.8 broke almost ALL rows

After upgrading to pro 2.3.8, any page that’s been built via Pro/Cornerstone has broken rows. Not just one or two, but pretty much every single row is broken on every single page.

Instead of “1/1” they’re now “1/1 + 1/1 + 1/1 + 1/1 + 1/1 + 1/1”. Instead of “1/2 + 1/2” they’re “1/2 + 1/2 + 1/1 + 1/1 + 1/1 + 1/1”. And instead of “1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3”, they’re now “1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/1 + 1/1 + 1/1”. Etc.

Hello @BrantonT,

Thanks for writing in! From which version you have installed previously? It could be from the version that has a bug and then were inherited in the update. To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

It was either 2.3.5 or 2.3.6. I skipped 2.3.7 when I saw all the error reports and jumped on 2.3.8 when it released later in the day.

I can give you the URL, but not login access. I’ve had a bad experience with that in the past where my entire site was basically cloned within a week after doing so. That said, you can’t see the problem from the front end. It’s only visible via the Pro page builder.

Since you feel the only way to fix this is by you and any other X staff being able to access my site… I’ll just revert back to an older version until this is fixed.

Hi @BrantonT,

We’ve seen this issue a few times but we have not track what is causing it. Did you happen to edit and saved the affected page while you’re on this version 2.3.5 or 2.3.6?

I advise for now that to fix the row’s column settings manually.

Thanks,

Yes, I did edit those pages prior to updating to yet another completely broken version of Pro.

I have a very dynamic website with dozens of pages created via the page builder that are updated on a bi-weekly schedule. There are quite literally dozens of pages with this problem. That being said, going through and fixing them one-by-one because someone botched the latest update is not a viable solution. I’d rather spend a few days redesigning my site on Divi or Genesis than I would spending the same amount of time fixing someone else’s mistake.

Hi There,

I suggest you to setup a staging version so the updates won’t affect to your live site.

Please check the links below on how to setup a staging site:

You may also try getting in touch with your host as they might be able to help you setup the staging site.

Once you’re able to get the staging site up, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

Thank you.

I’ve got the same problem:

This is a catastrophe, and you guys don’t seem to be taking it as one. This is urgent.

1 Like

Hi There,

We’re working on your ticket, please don’t bump on another ticket.

Thank you.

Sorry, not going to happen. I simply don’t have time to fool around with setting up a staging site.

I alerted you of the problem and I’ve since reverted back to 2.3.4 where this issue does not exist.

I’ve also noticed that this issue only exists on “classic” rows. Any page that was built with the new rows does not have the same problem. This should help narrow your search.

Beyond that, there’s nothing else I can do to help you fix this absolutely catastrophic problem. It’s not my job and not what I get paid for.

Hi @BrantonT

We certainly understand your frustrations here and thank you for providing additional information to investigate this issue further. I have submitted this to our issue tracker for further review.

Thanks!

Hi Branton,

I wanted to let you know that we’ve added some code that will automatically fix the malformed column layouts. This will be in the next version.