Pro 2.0.4 no longer loading

Hi,

I recently updated one of my sites from Pro 2.0.4 to 2.5.5 but encountered a series of problems.

I couldn’t edit the pages to fix the issues as Pro would not load any pages. I have reverted to a backup and so I am now running 2.0.4 again and the website is working.

However, Pro still won’t load, it just spins continuously.

I have tried the usual, turning of plugins, clearing caches.

Can you recommend any course of action please.

Thanks,
Simon

Hey Simon,

You have several Pro licenses and I am not sure which site is in question.

For the meantime, try to have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please login through FTP and edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

If the issue persists, would you mind providing the link to the site as well so that we can check it?

Hi,

Apologies, the site in question is https://www.sighthoundsocialclub.co.uk/wp-login.php

The memory limit is already increased and it has always run fine so I know it has nothing to do with server memory limit.

Thanks.

Hi @defthaus,

I could see that you’re using some cache & optimize plugins. Can you please temporarily turn them off then check your page again?

Let us know how it goes!

Hi @thai

As mentioned earlier, I have already tried turning off all caching and optimisation plugins. I have just tried again but it does not solve the problem.

This is undoubtedly caused by having upgraded to 2.5.5 but then, due to issues, reverted to my backup running 2.0.4

Everything was working fine when that backup was taken, so the problem has occurred as a result of upgrading and then restoring a previous version of the site.

Any other thoughts?

Hi There @defthaus

Upon checking your server configurations, another possible cause would be your PHP mac script execution time. Currently it is set to 30 seconds. Could you please try increasing it by following this guide here (https://www.simplified.guide/php/increase-max-execution-time) and see if that helps.

Also since it is your live site, it’s hard to troubleshoot your issues further as it will affect your live site visitors. I would suggest you to setup a staging area on a subdomain using the same exact copy of your live site, so that it’s easier to troubleshoot. You can follow our migration guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126) to setup a staging area.

Thanks!

Ok, I have done the following without success…

Reverted Wordpress Core to the earlier version that it was working fine on - no effect, still doesn’t work, so upgraded back to 5.1.1

Switched theme, re-installed Pro version 2.0.4, switched theme back again and then activated child theme - still Pro does not work.

I can’t see why changing a setting on the PHP execution time would fix the issue as it was working when it was set to 30 seconds before - that’s grasping at straws in my book!

I don’t want to setup a staging domain and transfer everything over - I’m happy for you to troubleshoot on the live site, if it’s offline for a while thats ok, it’s not critical.

Can you offer some assistance, I suspect something is corrupted but re-installing the theme does not fix this. Would re-installing the child theme help - or would I lose all of my custom development by doing that?

All fixed now.

It was a Chrome cache issue!!!

Glad to hear that :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.