Pro 1.1.1 breaks Font Manager

But then it would end up looking like this on the site:

When viewing the page source, it looked like it wasn’t loading all of the fonts that I had designated in my Templates section

@dgoldwas, I have the same issue with the update to 1.1.1.

Here’s the workaround:

add_action('wp_head','fix_pro_font_problem');

function fix_pro_font_problem(){ ?><link rel='stylesheet' id='cs-google-fonts-css-2' href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Maven+Pro:400,700%7CTitillium+Web:300,600i&ver=2.0.6#038;subset=latin,latin-ext' type='text/css' media='all' /><?php }

Put that code in functions.php, but change it to refer to the fonts and font weights you need for your site.

Here’s more information about the problem:

1. Font Manager is on. Not allowed to embed a second image showing as much, but trust me – it’s on.

2. Fonts are set up correctly in the Font Manager:

3. However, the linked stylesheet is incorrect, and doesn’t include all the font weights. This is what is output:

<link rel='stylesheet' id='cs-google-fonts-css' href='//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Maven+Pro%3A400%7CTitillium+Web%3A600%2C600i&#038;ver=2.0.6#038;subset=latin,latin-ext' type='text/css' media='all' />

(That only includes font weight 600 for Titillium Web, despite me having selected 300, 600 and 700.

1 Like

Thanks for this - I might have to implement this fix if I want to update to 1.1.1… It’s been nearly a week though, so I’m still hoping that @alexander will be able to check it out…

1 Like

This might be a stupid question, but where do you put this code? I’m having the same problem.

Add it to functions.php, but make sure to edit it to refer to the Google fonts and weights that you require.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! After updating Pro to 1.1.1, since you are using SiteGround, please clear your site cache first or at least disable the supercacher in your hosting panel. The SuperCacher is developed by SiteGround exclusively for their customers. It increases the number of hits a site can handle and boosts the website loading speed. The SuperCacher includes 4 different caching options for maximum optimization of your websites. You can access the tool by clicking on the SuperCacher icon in your cPanel.

For more information about this, please check it out here: https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher/supercacher_intro.htm

Hope this helps.

@RueNel I’m not on Siteground, and I have the same problem - both in production and my dev machine. When I downgrade to 1.1.0 the problem is solved. Hope this helps.

1 Like

My hosting has nothing to do with this error, as indicative of the fact that others are encountering the problem, and I also am not using Siteground’s SuperCacher at all - I disabled it when I was building out the website.

2 Likes

Hi @dgoldwas,

I’m sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I’ve confirmed the problem on your site, but I can’t seem to reproduce it on test sites, even by copying the settings exactly. The problems experienced by others are not quite identical. Regretfully I don’t have a conclusive answer why this isn’t working on your site as expected. It could very well be a cacheing related issue after the update. If you’d like, we could setup a workaround like @daniel_roe has on your site. This would make things work on your site until the next release where we could re-evaluate it.

@daniel_roe, I’m wondering if you’re having the same problem or a different one. When fonts are added to the Font Manager, this doesn’t mean they will be loaded, but just makes them available for selection in the Header/Footer builders, and Theme Options.

They will only be enqueued when those fonts are discovered to be needed as the page is loading. So in addition to turning on the Font Manager, you need to set them as your body and heading fonts in Theme Options. The reason all the weights wouldn’t be loading is that not all the weights have been discovered as “required”. The Font Manager tries to only load what is being utilized. What I can do is look into adding a “force load” option that simply loads everything in the font manager. It could be used discretionally for cases where you need access to weights that wouldn’t be detected as required.

1 Like

@alexander I think you may be right, but that would just relocate the bug, as I have used the Font Manager as you suggest.

For example, in the footer I’ve spelled out the weights and fonts that are required using the native Pro options, but several times I have had to redo this as it has reverted to a code, something like ‘a2ef34dce…’ (etc.), in the dropdown, and on visiting the Font Manager I’ve found duplicate entries. However, things have seemed better recently, so 1.1.1 may have fixed that particular bug, albeit leaving some corruption in the code that renders Pro unable to detect which weights are required.

I’m happy to help with troubleshooting this. Just let me know what you need to find out.

1 Like

@daniel_roe @alexander

I have experience as well the duplicate entries in Templates -> Fonts. I do not have a series of steps to reproduce the problem because generally when I revisit Font Manager, the issue has solved itself.

I’d be happy to help in troubleshooting this as well since I too have missing font weights (for Roboto) in the source code of the page.

1 Like

@daniel_roe @wbgTHEMECO,

Thank you, both for your contribution regarding the Font Manager issues. We will inform you as soon as our development team needs any kind of help regarding the troubleshooting.

Cheers.

I am having the same issue as, @daniel_roe @alexander and have been through a few different versions, I think even since the beginning. The signature issues include the same random font string and duplicate font errors. I am in a local development environment., always clear cache with every update and the first step I take when I’m having issue.

I am not seeing any changes at all when I am making font adjustments inside Theme Options. It is defaulting to the body font “Lato”. I am sure I can override it in css by commenting out the body font but I am going to try this fix which I do appreciate daniel_roe for giving us a temporary fix, even if after trying it, it doesn’t actually fix it.

I want to add:

This problem, it is only creating havoc inside, “THEME OPTIONS” When I am inside the Header Builder, I can see the changes without issues and those font adjustments take effect.

2: PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS POSSIBLE BUG

I noticed another issue too. I do not know if these issues are related. I am adding it , just in case they might be. I had the Superfly plugin loaded and active but I had not used it.

When I went to Pro/Overview, it showed it as not loaded and had the install option available. I thought that was odd. I installed it again. It lagged and got stuck loading. I reloaded the page and it had installed. Then inside plugins, there was the original Superfly and a duplicate. One activated, and one not activated. I uninstalled both and deleted both. I also deactivated all plugins as my regular steps for debugging, just in case you were going to suggest that.

I hope this also helps.
LB

+1 for getting duplicates in Templates > Fonts

Thank you for detailed information. We will share your input with our development team. Also regarding the second issue, we will need to check the case closer as it should not have such a problem if you originally used our version of Superfly.

Kindly open up a new thread for that and we will follow up the case.

Thank you.

1.1.1 definitely breaks the font manager. 1.1.0 doesn’t have smooth scrolling. Very frustrating.

Hi @theapricot,

Kindly open up a new thread regarding the Font Manager and the Smooth Scroll as it might be something related to your environment which needs our investigation.

Especially the Smooth Scroll which is now working in Pro 1.1.1 with the exception of the Sticky header calculation.

Thank you for taking the time to help us to serve you better.

As I said smooth scrolling is fine in 1.1.1, not in 1.1.0. You need to choose between smooth scrolling or fonts working, as they work in 1.1.0, but not 1.1.1. Hardly seems a need to start a new thread, just need a stable release with both.

Hi there,

Noted, our developers are looking into this font issue so they may able to see your other issues posted here as well :).

THanks!