Preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing

Hello

I am trying to edit my pages and I keep getting this issue

preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing

Can support please help me, I have added a secure note

Hey @mattsaundersmcp,

Looks like cornerstone-endpoint is blocked in your site (see Secure Note). Please contact your web host to whitelist it from Mod Security. If that does not help, please check out other solutions stated here.

Thanks.

Thanks my web host have fixed this

Glad to hear that, feel free to get in touch with us regarding any further queries about the Pro, X and Cornerstone.

Cheers!

After a year of happy times with X and X Pro, now only X is working on my multisite setup and Pro has the same issue as called out here. I host my own servers on AWS so nothing is blocked. I have Cloudfront on for both assets and images using Offload S3. Turned CDN + caching OFF and cleared chrome cache and for also invalidated the CDNs. Still having this issue.

Chrome console only shows the same warning twice:
The preview booted, but never requested the loader be removed

Cornerstone plugin is present and active for another subsite and works fine. For the X Pro subsite, cornerstone plugin is NOT active and cannot be activated without this error:
Fatal error: Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Plugin_Base, because the name is already in use in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/plugin-base.php on line 6

Granting access to our servers is going to be problematic since they’re locked down at many levels including IP addresses. Any ideas on what I can do to debug this further?

Hello there,

Cornerstone plugin is present and active for another subsite and works fine. For the X Pro subsite, cornerstone plugin is NOT active and cannot be activated without this error:
Fatal error: Cannot declare class CornerstonePlugin_Base, because the name is already in use in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/plugin-base.php on line 6_

Cornerstone plugin is already built in the Pro theme so you don’t need it anymore. Kindly deactivate Cornerstone on your Plugins page.

Chrome console only shows the same warning twice:
“The preview booted, but never requested the loader be removed”

Can you try increasing your PHP max script execution time to 300 and test again to see if that helps? Also, try deleting Cornerstone plugin and re-install it again by heading over to Pro > Validation section. Don’t forget to wait for few seconds to install it automatically.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your hard work. Unfortunately re-install didn’t work. I nuked the “pro” directory from “wp-content/themes” and installed fresh. The max__execution__time is 300 from day one. Also max memory 1M of 4M system. I suspected the OPcache so I invalidated it and still.

Cornerstone is only active on one subsite. It is not active on other subsites using PRO.

This is the php version I have in case
PHP 7.0.29 (cli) (built: Mar 30 2018 18:15:35) ( NTS )
Copyright © 1997-2017 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright © 1998-2017 Zend Technologies
** with Zend OPcache v7.0.29, Copyright © 1999-2017, by Zend Technologies**

Is it okay to revert XPro back to a version 6 months older without reverting the DB schema? I have to update the site while I figure out what I need to do about this going forward.

Thanks for your help
-adam

Hi Adam,

Please also make sure that your MySQL version is 5.6 or greater and the mod_rewrite Apache module is enabled.

You can download the last stable version of the theme from the dashboard

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.