Preview unresponsive after loading_

Website: addielangford.com & temp.addielangford.com (stage site for troubleshooting)

Hey There,

I am receiving an error when I try to edit a few of the pages on this website.

The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

Origin URL: https://temp.addielangford.com
Preview URL: https://temp.addielangford.com/

I have read through the forums and tried a variety of things, but none have worked.

Ive tested all the plugins by disabling all of them, one at a time, and then all at once.
Ive modified my htaccess file to allow for more memory use.
Ive cleared all caches on my browser. I reset the caches from within X.

I will create a user on the staging site so you can take a look.

Hi @lifeinthecave,

I know you mentioned that you were testing stuff here and there. But I would appreciate that you check the steps below one by one and get back to us with the results so that we can follow up the case based on your tests:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Thank you.

Thanks, I have done all of this and there was no change.

Hello @lifeinthecave,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Can you please confirm the login details of staging website as credentials are not working? I am sharing the details in the secure note.

Thanks.

The below secure note contains the password again.

Hello There,

I have logged in and inspected your site. The console returns this warning message “The preview booted, but never requested the loader be removed”. Could you please try increasing your PHP max script execution time to 300 and test again to see if that helps.

Also try deleting Cornerstone plugin and re-install it again by head over to X -> Validation section (wait for few seconds to install it automatically).

Please let us know how it goes.

Hey there, thanks for continuing to work on this.

I tried increasing the php limit with no effect.

I deleted cornerstone, but I cannot find where to re-install it from. The cornerstone plugin is not listed in the plugin section on the validation page of Pro.

EDIT: I deleted the Pro theme and reinstalled fresh using the most current pro.zip file. This brought back cornerstone.

However - there was no change in the error.

EDIT: Also - if I delete a page that the error is popping up on, and then rebuild the page verbatim, the error does not occur. I really hope the solution doesn’t include me having to rebuild each page.

Hi @lifeinthecave,

It’s due to the rows and they are invalid (empty) when pulled hence triggering a preview error. This means you’ll have to re-do the page and add new sections and rows. And that’s only workaround.

Thanks!

Do you know how this could have happened, so I can avoid the error moving forward?

Hi @lifeinthecave,

I couldn’t find what was caused this as the classic elements (sections, rows, columns) works on my installation. Perhaps its due to corrupted data on those areas. Have you upgraded from very old versions? That could be the reason due to some feature gaps.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.