Preview not working - cannot edit web page

I recently started getting an error message when i go into the page builder. It says “The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.”

I have tired disabling the cacheing, disable all plugins, disable certain plugins and no luck.

I really need to edit my clients site and cant!
I have read and done research on this problem all night before posting with no luck.

What is going on here?

Hey there,

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

4. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

5. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

I have done all of these, still not working.

Hi,

In that case, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Hello There,

Thank you for providing the information. I have investigated the issue and I found out that there was a JS error on the page. The cause of the issue is cause with your custom code:

wp_enqueue_script(
	'fix-parallax',
	get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/js/fix-parallax.js',
	[ 'cornerstone-site-body' ],
	false,
	true
);

I have commented out this code at the moment so that the page will work.

Please check your site now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.