Preview not loading after update/upgrade

Hi there,

I get this error when I try to open cornerstone
“A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading”.

Here is what I have already done/tried:

1. Caching (deleted cache, disabled caching etc.)
  2. Cloudflare (deactivated, tried different settings)
  3. Custom Code (reviewed and checked)
  4. Security Plugins and Custom Hosting Rules (checked with my hoster, siteground, for any errors on their end).

Nothing has helped. I havent been able to update/edit my site for weeks now and I am getting extremely frustrated.

Please have a look at my site. I need your help.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

It’s due to caches of your site and having multiple caching is overkill. I had to disable other cache plugins since your host has its own cache system.

Please clear your browser cache before testing it again, and you may repeat it. It only works on my end after few retry of cleaning it.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot @Rad!

I have now upgraded my site to pro and get a different error message now (caching still turned of):

“The preview could not load due to misconfigured URLs. This could happen if you are using multiple environments and the site URL was not updated after migrating.”

Could you please assist me one more time? I really appreciate your help.

Hi there,

This seems to be the problem of the URL set on the settings.

Kindly go to Settings > General and check that URL set is the same as the URL of your site is loading on.

You can try the Better Search Replace plugin to update the URLs of your site.

If you have migrated your site recently, you can search for the occurrence of the old URL and update it to the current URL. But please take note that before making chances, make sure to backup the database.

Let us know how it goes.

@Jade

Stragely enough I have changed the URL in the settings from .co to staging10..co. It will save but the displayed domain will not change (even after the change .co is displayed in the settings). However if I change the domain to staging10..co and head over to the editor I am able to excess pro and edit the site. If I try to acess staging10.***.co I get an error “to many redirects”. If I then go back to the settings and “change” the domain from ***.co to .co I can now acess staging10..co again. I do realize this may be difficult to understand but its a very strange occurence and might be a bug related to either Pro theme or my staging envoirment. I have however never had any problems like this before and have used the staging enviorment extensively.

Hey @jakek,

Right now, I get the redirect issue so I could not troubleshoot this currently.

The issue is not Pro but most probably either your staging setup similar to this or WordPress setup. Please give us FTP access so we could see your setup and give you advice.

Thanks.

See below (note)

Hello,

The provided password do not seem to be working.

Please check.

Also please provide your FTP credentials as requested.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.