Preview Error

Hello suppport team,

„The preview was unresponsive after loading. ……“ This seems to be an old and unsolved problem. I have this on two pages of my website, when I want to edit them with pro. I can’t work on these pages anymore.
I have a multisite, with „mydomain.com" without content, that leads to the German or the English version (mydomian.com/de/" or „mydomain.com/en/")

My trials to fix it:

I have done everything, you recommended in this post:

I have a php memory of 1024 MB and a maximum script execution time of 300 s now. Nothing helped.
I have resetted the .htaccess-file to wordpress-standard. After this, I couldn’t open the dashboard anymore. The standard-worpress-multisite-htaccess seems to have a bug, according to this post in the wordpress forum:

https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34683

So I changed it to this text, as there recommended as solution. Now I can navigate through my website and work on it as usual, but „the preview was unresponsiv after loading ….“ is also present again.

The new .htaccess-file, I am using now:

RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L]

add a trailing slash to /wp-admin

RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^ - [L]
RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)(wp-(content|admin|includes).) $2 [L]
RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)(.
.php)$ $2 [L]
RewriteRule . index.php [L]

What could be wrong with it?

I don’t know, what else I can do now and I suppose, that this preview error could be related to the header problem I posted here recently.

Remember - I had this strange spinner when I worked with the header builder. I found out, that this came from my menu, when I try to create a link to my other subdomain. I corrected this malfunction with a linked image, I posed left of the menu in the header. A direct link from the menu is still impossible.

Before this header-problem I had updated all my plugins. I found the preview error per accident, when I wanted to work on these pages. I tried the other pages and found more strange behaviour:
The images of my sample slider (soliloquy) are much bigger now, than my original settings. A 4-column-image-gallery (envira gallery) on another page is minimized to a single thumbnail with the width of one column. The promo-elements I had created in a way, the whole area is clickable work on the one page fine, on the other not anymore.
And checking my plugins I get the notice, that envira standalone addon cannot be activated, because it causes a fatal error (but the addon was not activated).

Can you please help me?

Franz

Sorry,
I copied to much.
The correct .htacceess file you find in the Wordpress post.

Hello There,

Thanks for posting in! To better assist with your issue, please provide us the updated credentials of your site and the ftp details. I have check your others threads and it seems it is no longer working for us.

Thank you in advance.

Hello RueNel,

I didn’t change anything. So I wonder, why you have the access to my site and ftp-server failed.

You come in over franzhollweck.com/wp-admin.
franzhollweck.com is without content, leads only either to the German or to the English subdomain. The language redirect plugin is deactivated, so you have to navigate to the German site (my main site) manually in the dashboard.

Currently I work on the German subdomain.
Clicking on „Nur ein paar Fotos …“ will open „Galerie“, clicking on Galerie in the menu will do the same.
„Nachrichten“ in the second column is my sample object. The story „Kein Platz für Rechts“ is my sample story.
The stories are bundled with an image in a promo element. This promo element is linked to the gallery slider, showing the images of the corresponding envira gallery.
Originally I had an icon in the header of the slider page with a link to the thumbnail gallery page and on the thumbnail gallery page a second header, with an icon, that was linked to the slider page.
I deleted these headers, looking now for better alternatives. If you want to look at the sample envira gallery, you have to do this manually in the backend. Every slider-page has a corresponding thumbnail-page.

I just had a look on my website and I am happy to see, that some of my problems seem to be solved now:
All promo elements work now as they should now. I did nothing, I don’t know why but important is the fact, that this function seems to be okay now.
The miniature envira gallery is the result of a wrong page layout.

The main problems however are still present:
Preview error when I want to edit the pages „Leben & Arbeit“ and „Porträt“ with Pro.
Adding a custom link to the English subdomain in the header menu causes an endless spinner, when I want to edit the header with the header builder.

Hi,

You forgot to include your wordpress admin username.

Please also change your credentials as you have accidentally posted it publicly on the forum.

Kindly add crendentials in Secure Note

Thanks

Hi there,

Do you use any translation feature here or just separate sites for each language? How about using single site and just use translation plugin as it creates page counterpart for each language?

Been checking it and can’t find what’s causing it, it’s slow on my end. Perhaps this is also database related, are you able to provide some database logs?

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

the logins are on the way.

Hi there,

I’m getting authorization error when accessing the PHPMyAdmin, but I’m not sure if logs are available there. Please check this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5441972/how-to-see-log-files-in-mysql. But forget that, it’s not related to the issue :slight_smile:

Question, have you upgraded from older versions where content was made? The rows and columns are classic even though the selected elements in builders setting are set to all (V2 and classic). When I edit the page and use skeleton mode, I removed the existing section then added new, and it starts loading the preview. Perhaps, the existing classic data is the culprit. My recommendation is re-creating those pages in question.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

yes, I have upgraded from older versions, where content was made. But I don’t know anymore, what pages I had already edited.
So, you think, that X is fighting against Pro on my website? I am able to relate to your assumption.
I will try re-creating the pages and post here, whether it was successful.

Thank you.

Franz

Hello There,

Pages built with X and Cornerstone should have no problem when you switch to Pro theme. If the X and Cornerstone version is an older one and you switched to the latest Pro theme, this could be problem since some of the cornerstone data for each pages/posts might have been incompatible. The correct way should be to update to the latest X version before to switched to the Pro theme.

It is best that you re recreate the pages. This is much more faster than figuring out what has caused the issue and how to resolve it.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.