Preview Could Not Load Error, No content showing up to edit

I’m getting the following error when trying to edit the sites content:

The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.

Origin URL: http://basec.org

Preview URL: http://basec.org

The URLs are the same, i can’t get any of the content to show up to edit it. Thoughts?
I’ve disabled all plugins with no success.
There is no caching plugin either.

Thanks,

Hello Ckuhl,

Thanks for asking.

Please try out following solutions and let us know the outcome:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  3. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  4. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Greetings,

I get the same.

I have a clean install the only plugin is X-Pro.

I followed the steps with no success.

Can you help me with this please.

Hi @regenerar,

Please try with the following steps as well:

1. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and CREATE A NEW TICKET with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Ok I think it was a plugin after all, however, none of my content is showing up so i can edit it.

Hello @ckuhl,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I tried to login to the backend of website and I am unable to do so. Upon entering the login details, website is loading endlessly. To see if there’s any error message I checked the console and looks like the problem might be causing because of Custom Facebook Feed Pro plugin. Can you please deactivate the plugin and update us so we can take a closer look?

To do so, you might require FTP softwares like Filezilla. Under /wp-content/plugins/ folder, rename Custom Facebook Feed Pro plugin folder. Here’s a tutorial that you can take a look to get started with Filezilla.

Thanks.

The plugin is deactivated.
Also it seems that revolution slider is what is breaking the editor. I thought that was an approved plugin?

Hello @ckuhl,

I have logged in and edited several pages. Some page can be edited in Cornerstone and some others were no longer be editable in Cornerstone.

For normal pages created in Cornerstone, it should look like this:

When you accidentally or intentionally switched between editor, you will have this:

This could mean that in some pages, Cornerstone data were corrupted by the time you have switched the editor and saved your changes. You may not be able to recover it to the old state. If you have a server backup then there is a chance that you can get back those corrupted. The only problem is that all your changes will be discarded and you have the previous contents when you revert to the backup.

By the way, we have released X 6.3.8 and Cornerstone 3.3.8. It is now available in automatic updates. You can now update to this latest version. This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.