"Preview could not load" Cornerstone conflict with Autoptimize

To increase pageload speed I’ve added the Autoptimize plug-in. Now Cornerstone will not load and gives warning:
The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.

Origin URL: https://posm.staging.wpengine.com
Preview URL: https://posm.staging.wpengine.com/

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, Theme JS and CSS files are already minified, so there is no need for minifying it again. Please exclude these JS files mentioned here from being minified/combined by your optimizer.

Remember to clear all your caching features after

How to configure the plugin Autoptimize

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

I added the following files:
/assets/dist-app/js/cs-vendor.js
/assets/dist-app/js/cs.js
/assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js
/assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.js
/assets/dist/js/admin/huebert.js
/framework/dist/js/site/x.js

However, I’m still experiencing the same issue. Did I enter the files correctly? please see below:

/assets/dist-app/js/cs-vendor.js, /assets/dist-app/js/cs.js, /assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js, /assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.js, /assets/dist/js/admin/huebert.js, /framework/dist/js/site/x.js

Looks like I had copied the files for PRO. Sorry about that. Copied for X and applied them two different ways:
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs-vendor.js, wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs.js, wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/admin/huebert.js

and then:

/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs-vendor.js, /wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs.js, /wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/admin/huebert.js

Cleared browser cache, and Autoptimize cache, either way still having same issue.

Hi There,

I believe in Autoptimize you only need to put the file names separated by a comma (cs-vendor.js, cs.js, huebert.js, cs-head.js, cs-body.js, x.js)

How to configure the plugin Autoptimize

Remember to clear all your caching features after

If that did not work, please contact the Autoptimize support on how you can exclude files effectively.

Thanks,

That did not work.
The link to the files you mentioned is for W3 Total Cache. Are these the same files to be excluded for Autoptimize?

Hi There,

Yes, those are the same files. Maybe there are other variables on this it’s not just the theme files. Please do a test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thanks,

I’ve isolated the problem to the Autoptimize plug-in.

Glad you sorted things out, would you mind sharing what was the solution? It will help others that using Autoptimize and having the same issue.

Thanks,

The solution is so easy it’s embarrassing. Under “Misc Options” you’ll find Also optimize for logged in users? It is checked by default. X / Cornerstone users will want to uncheck this box. Problem solved.

1 Like

Glad to hear it’s solved and thanks for letting us know.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.