Preview could not load - 404 error

I had my site cloned and put onto the live domain this morning and then when I fixed the permalinks, this happened.

I thought that the permalinks were off because the blog posts weren’t connected. So when I fixed that in permalink settings, it threw off the cornerstone editor preview only. Now I can’t get it to work.

I thought maybe the WP clone plugin cause the conflict but I deactivated it and the issue is still there. Do I need to completely uninstall the plugin and will that fix it?

I had the person who helped me with my last issue look at it and they cannot figure it out. I can’t edit any of the pages and there are some major design flaws that occured during the cloning process. I fixed a few pages and then this happened. Please help!

Update: I can create new pages and edit easily. It’s existing pages that are not working. Should I clone these pages and see if creating a new page works?

Hi there,

Your comment about the problem you are experiencing on existing pages shows that the clone process did not go well and you need to do it again.

You need to use the article below recommendations to clone your website:
https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126/1

Thank you.

Thank you. I did not clone the site myself. I will send this link to the person who did it and see if he can fix it.

I remigrated the site using that method and I still had issues, but only with one page. It was something about the permalink that the preview didn’t like so I just took a letter out and now it works just fine.

Thank you!

Glad to hear that the problem is resolved now. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.