Prevent background-color on sides

Would you be possible to help with a css issues.

I don’t know how to fix that the background-color for some screen sizes display the background-color on the sides as well. How could I solve it. See print and page example in secure note.

1 Like

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

It’s a display glitch and no matter CSS that I add, it doesn’t work since it’s a glitch. There is no border, padding, nor margin. But I’ll continue checking this to see if there are any other workaround.

Thanks!

Many thanks Rad! Let me know! :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Sure, looks like changing the margin fixes it, but only once, when reloaded and resize, the issue comes back. I’ll continue checking.

Thanks!

Any status?

I also see that on mobile devices there is a white space between the blocks. I have only one section and then row to lower the amount of code. So background color is on the rows but on mobile devices there is a space between them which doesn’t look nice. This was never the case before update. How can I solve this.

Hi There,

Please add a Class mtn to your headline element and add a padding top to the column instead.

mtn means margin top no, its a Spacing Helper Class. Read more about Spacing Helper Class here.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

1 Like

Hey guys now I’m getting seriously pissed of. You got access to the site and I assume you have really fucking careful! When I logged in now I see every plugin disabled everything fuckked up. YOU CANNOT DO THIS ON LIVE SITE WTF! We have cdn rewrite and a log of things which you now have skewed up for fuck sake guys whats wrong with you. You can just disable things like this to debug.

If you would need to do that you 1. ASK ME!! 2. activate everything when you´re done once again.

Guys you don’t think when you have access to a website? Now you´ve fucked up a lot on the site!!! who was this and why did you disable and never enabled again. And you are not allowed to go ahead and do this without my permission. You have only said you want to check the javascript. And who leave the site without enabling everything once again.

I’m running a site here and you just go ahead and play like it’s the playground. WOW. BE CAREFUL!

I’m going to take this further and I want a explanation since this is not how you act! Un responsible!

Hi there,

We are deeply sorry to see that this happened for your case. It seems that there was another thread which you were following up which such a thing happened.

I double checked with our teammates and it seems that in the process of disabling the plugins for testing purposes our teammate locked out of the login due to the UP restriction or something.

He tried to communicate with you in his latest reply, but this is something that we should be more careful of, especially for such cases we need to first ask for you to move the website to the staging server so that we can freely test the case.

We are apologizing because of this incident and we report this to our leadership team so that they will be informed of this case.

Thank you.

Hi again,

Sorry got so angry and in shock so maybe wrote in wrong thread At the moment we do not have a smoothly staging environment. And what you did on our flagship site and live environment nearly gave me heart attack.

1. You ask if this is OK.
  2. You ask which you can disable if needed. Far away from many plugins save the settings while disable. Far away from all plugins is using jQuery. We have cdn rewriter and rewrites of all standard Wordpress urls and path so this of course put me in a situation where everything was wrong and I had to within 1hour solve all of this due to traffic load. And of course the Memory got overheated on the server and took down around 5 sites for 2-4hours until this issues could be solved and load balanced.
  3. If you know how to debug in wordpress you know that you can see which plugin that is effected by the issue and using this jQuery part etc. This was bad debugging from my point of view.
  4. Of course I kicked anyone with that login!

This was seriously very very bad support and debugging. You don’t do like this, how do you want to proceed with this accident?

I really hope this support member is aware of what critical issues he caused and never ever thing about doing something like this once again.

Yes read his message and what he’s telling with renaming a plugin in file manager is horrible. Seriously you need to inform the webmasters this this may reset the settings. Which it does I know since we have had issues with all in one security on other websites in our portfolio. You really need to go through such things with your staff…

Putting up a staging won’t reflect the live due to the fact that paid plugins do not support staging and then we need to buy duplicate of every plugin that is in use and that wont happened. A few offer unlimited but far away from all.

Correct me if I’m wrong but this is how you could debug and find what is causing an issue: https://docs.wp-rocket.me/article/915-find-the-right-js-files-to-exclude-from-minification similar to this debugging guide from wp rocket.

Of course we appreciate support help we get and hands on debugging but this is now how you do it and I’m not a developer myself.

Thanks and remember to update your procedure and educate your staff how to debug. And no staging we can not setup that reflects the reality.

Hi there,

Thank you for the comment. We totally understand the problem which is caused by our debugging method and the matter is already in the leadership team hand and this will be double checked internally and there will be a follow up.

We are sorry again for the inconvenience. At the moment we do not have access to the website for this specific thread to follow up.

Thank you.

Hi again,

Maybe some compensation. Unlimited PRO license for unlimited sites, the smallest thing to show the respect.

No of course we are scared to let you guys in once again.

The issue @Rad started to check at can be done without access I assume? The other issues I continue in these specific threads.

Hey @bracas,

I will only answer the technical part of the discussion and provide a fix. Your other concern will be handled separately.

The background bleed issue is only happening in Chrome due to how it differs in rendering compared to other browsers (see my Secure Note for details).

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @bracas,

My name is Matt and I’m part of our leadership team. I also manage our support team.

I am posting this across both threads that this relates to.

Firstly, I want to share in my colleague’s apology for the inconvenience caused when one our team members inadvertently became locked out of your site after disabling plugins, during the course of his efforts to help you.

However, I would like to manage your expectations somewhat and redress the perspective. Firstly, in both this ticket and your other open ticket (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/jumplinks-jump-to-wrong-locaiton-after-pro-v2-update/28996/7), you came to us asking for help relating to custom code that you have deployed on your site, as opposed to an actual problem with the theme itself. This is an important distinction because one is appropriately covered under theme support, and the other is not.

Despite the fact that your modification of the theme is, by industry standards, considered outside of theme support, we have done our best to help you. Not just on this occasion, as you referenced yourself, but in the past also, in providing you with code to customise the theme.

Just to be clear, if we do provide code to customise the theme, it should be treated as a starting point for you and we cannot be expected to continually maintain it. When updating the theme, there’s always a risk that customisations will no longer work. We are not responsible for fixing custom code that no longer works following an update.

Additionally, you should note that whilst it is generally accepted that themes and plugins should be updated when updates are available, there is no obligation on your part to do so, and it is certainly always advisable to test out updates in a safe environment before updating.

I also want to be clear that our support is provided in a public forum. Although we offer facilities to share information privately (of which you have availed yourself), if you have specific privacy concerns then it is reasonable for you to share those with us when posting. We will always try to respect those requests but I stress that this is a public forum, and therefore you should consider that when posting. It is unreasonable to expect that we will second guess your intentions in this regard.

Now regarding the mistake made by a member of our team, that was certainly unfortunate and for that you have our wholehearted apologies. In context, you should remember that this was during the course of assisting you with a problem that we are not obligated to assist with. Whilst I truly am sorry that this caused you inconvenience, I want to be clear that we will not be compensating you for this, aside from continuing to offer support to you to resolve your immediate customisation issues.

I trust that this clarifies our position. Should you remain dissatisfied with our efforts to correct your customisation issues, and the manner in which we provide support, then I would suggest that you contact a developer to assist you further.

Many many thanks, great!

Hit Matt,

I’m travelling so I will read and reply this later on this week. So don’t close the ticket.

thanks.

You’re welcome. I also assume that the initial issue is already fixed with the workaround provided by @christian_y

Thanks!

Yes thanks!

Can you please remove the youtube recording from being public. Thanks for the superb support Christian!

Hi there,

It’s in the secure note and it’s not viewable in public.

And you’re welcome!

No but still public on youtube? :slight_smile: