Preset not loading

Hi awesome support team,

I have saved a section on my home page where I have contact information/map etc as a preset. I have then tried to apply this preset in to a section on my contact page:

http://scarboroughchiro.naomipearce.com/contact-us/

Am I doing something wrong? Or is something not working?

Many thanks in advance,
Naomi

Hello Naomi,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
  7. Turn off all cache plugin.
  8. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  9. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi again,

Thank you for your recommendations… It is still not working though.

The only thing is though I wasn’t able to locate the htaccess file. I searched for it in my file managers (though cpanel) and could not find any file called this in the websites folders.

I had tried everything else though.

I have left login details as requested in a secure note.

Many thanks again!
Naomi

Hi Naomi,

That is the issue, when you save an element as a preset you only saved its configuration and stying, but not its content (well the text content yes), but in your case, your Preset only saves the configuration of the section but not the elements inside of that section.

What you should have done is save the entire contact section as a Content Template, and load that Content Template to your contact page.

Click that SAVE TEMPLATE button, and high light only the section that you want to save.

Template Manager

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.