Posts not working correctly after Cornerstone and X upgrade

I’m working through the numerous issues from the upgrade, here is one for Posts.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Michael

Hey @Modunn,

1. Regarding the excerpt, regretfully, our theme currently doesn’t currently allow outputting an automatic excerpt for Cornerstone built content in the blog template. Please use the Manual Excerpt to output an excerpt in the blog page.
    Regarding the houses page, you’re using Essential Grid and it can output text from Cornerstone content.
  2. Are you referring to the boxed areas in the screenshot below?

They are the Entry Title and the Featured Image and they couldn’t be edited by Cornerstone.

You can quickly hide them by adding this code in Theme Options > CSS.

.entry-featured,
.entry-title {
    display: none;
}

Optimally though, you will need to remove the code outputting those in the content.php template file which can be found in wp-content\themes\x\framework\views\integrity. You can learn how to override template files by reading the Customization Guide below.

Thanks.

Hi, in trying to implement your suggestions I see what has happened.
We had the functionality we wanted prior to the X and Cornerstone upgrade and didn’t have it afterwards, and the reason is that the upgrade did not re-activate the Child Theme, so of course it wasn’t implementing the code we had already written. When I re-activated our Child theme we were fine.

Why the upgrade and other related docs don’t mention this impact, when nearly all sites use Child themes, not sure. Also, it lost our Activation code and we have to do that again. Something to share with others.

Thanks,

Hi @Modunn,

That’s quite weird since the update shouldn’t and has no capability to switch theme. And it’s Wordpress that do the installation of the update and not the theme or plugin, what was given to Wordpress is the file URL and Wordpress install it.

And that’s something we don’t have on our doc since it’s not really how it works, update can’t switch theme and this is my first time hearing this issue which quite weird.

And glad it’s working now.

Thanks!

Hello, here is a correction from our side.

There was a domain change, so the validation needed to be redone for that reason is my guess. This may have affected the activation of the child theme or not, not sure.

We did the domain change and X upgrade at the same time, so it made troubleshooting less clear. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks,
Michael

Hi Michael,

That should be a correct guess about the reason. Thank you for sharing your experience as it might help other customers that might be in the same situation.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.