Posts not showing once published

I have created a blog page: https://afscheidsfotografen.nl/nieuws/
The posts summary is visible but when clicking on the summary to read the entire post I continue to get an error message stating that the page cannot be found. Also, when in the published status, I cannot edit the post anymore nor can I preview. As soon as I put them back in Concept, they can be edited and can also be viewed in preview. I have tried with health check and troubleshooter to see if there was any problem identified (none) or if it would be resolved when all plugins were disabled, or maybe when selecting another theme. The problem continues to persists. Please help me resolve this issue.

Hello @NCVA,

Thanks for writing in!

This issue usually happen when your .htaccess were not properly set up. You might need to update your permalinks. Please go to Settings > Permalinks and simply hit the Save Changes button to update the permalink settings.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Simply updating Permalinks did not work. However, I installed a plugin ‘Permalink Manager Lite’. This allowed me to customise the URI for each of the post pages. By replacing %pagename% with %categoryname% or, for those links that had no %pagename% showing, just simply adding in %categoryname% before the slug,I could get this to work again. Now I can edit posts even when they are published and also I can link to to the posts from the category blog page.
So thanks for your swift reply and I hope my solution will help others too.

Hi @NCVA,

Glad this is now sorted out and thank you for sharing your solution.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.