Posts are showing html instead of "edit in cornerstone" button

Not sure how long this has been an issue, but instead of getting the red “edit in cornerstone” button, my posts are showing html, see screenshot below:

The issue only seems to take place with posts, no issue with pages.

I’ve tried clearing cache, making sure that both the site and wordpress URLs are using https, as well as making sure I’m on the latest X (6.5.5) and cornerstone (3.5.4).

site: https://tinyurl.com/y3bpqt92

thanks.

Hi There @armintz

Thanks for writing in! To edit your posts in Cornerstone, you need to enable that feature first by head over to X -> Settings -> Permissions -> General area.

Once you enable the features, make sure to hit update button to save the changes.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

This adds the “edit with cornerstone” button:

…but after I click the “edit with cornerstone” button, the post appears to have no cornerstone content. This is a post that was created in Cornerstone.

Hello @armintz,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Once the post has been opened outside Cornerstone, it’s serialized data gets corrupted. So even though now you see Edit with Cornerstone button, you won’t see the content in the editor as the serialized data is corrupted.

Unfortunately, you will have to recreate the post in Cornerstone again. For the rest of the posts/pages please make sure not to open the content outside of Cornerstone.

Thanks for understanding.

It wasn’t opened outside of Cornerstone and the same issue is taking place with every single post on my site, most of which haven’t been opened at all in a couple of years… perhaps a WP core update?

Hello @Armintz,

Based on this screenshot:

It clearly shows that the post was not created in Cornerstone. It was created using the default WP editor inserting the different classic element shortcodes. We will know if the post/page were edited in Cornerstone because it will have a section, container and column shortcodes first before the contents.

Please be advised that only pages/posts created with Cornerstone can be edited with Cornerstone. Older pages/posts created outside of Cornerstone cannot be edited too.

Hope this explains your issue briefly.

You’re 100% correct, these posts were created outside Cornerstone. My apologies.

No Worries. Have a great day! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.