Post title above featured image in Pro

Hi,

I’m using Pro, and I would like to display the post titles above the featured image, My posts displays the post title below the featured image. Unfortunately I don’t use a child theme at the moment due to problems with layout templates that occurred after switching to Pro. So

Thx in advance for oyour insights.

Els.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
Can you please confirm which stack you are using for your site ?
Every stack having there own layout for the post, “Renew” and “Icon” style having the title above the feature image where as integrity and Ethos having below to the image.

Please send us your website URL so that we can suggest you better.

Thanks

I’m using Integrity.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

Tip: After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

Once you have your child theme active and ready, please follow the following steps below:
1] Using Notepad or TextEdit or Sublime Text or any text editor, please create a new file in your local machine.
2] Insert the following code into that new file

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/INTEGRITY/CONTENT.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Standard post output for Integrity.
// =============================================================================

?>

<article id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>>
  <div class="entry-featured">
    <?php x_featured_image(); ?>
  </div>
  <div class="mtm mbm">
  	<?php x_get_view( 'integrity', '_content', 'post-header' ); ?>
  </div>
  <div class="entry-wrap">
    <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_content' ); ?>
  </div>
  <?php x_get_view( 'integrity', '_content', 'post-footer' ); ?>
</article>

3] Save the file named as content.php
4] Upload this file to your server in the child theme’s folder wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/views/integrity/. You will have to create this folder in the child theme since it does not exist yet.

Please let us know how it goes.

2 Likes

Thx for your reply. I would like to do that, but I removed the child theme last month because that caused the disappearance of the page templates I use.

Hi there,

Have you tried renaming the folder of your child theme? Or does it still happen with the latest versions? You’ll have to solve that issues first since this one requires a child theme.

Or, you can simply do that directly on this file wp-content/themes/pro//framework/views/integrity/content.php

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.