Post Paragraphs are are not separated by pressing "enter"?

Hi, I searched this forum and found only one other post of a user that had the exact same issue I am currently having after updating ( https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/separating-post-paragraphs/43592 ) .

When I make a new post and press “return”, and then save and check my post, the sentence just continues as one line instead of starting a new paragraph, so it ignored the “return” ?

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, please do the following

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. Please deactivate this caching features while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persists, please provide us the site URL and login credentials in a Secure Note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

I have attached the secure note.

Hi again,

To make this work you need to switch to visual editor and then press the enter key to add a line breaks or Holding down Shift+Enter works as well in visual editor.

Hope this helps!

Ohhh I see, yea that works. I was only using the HTML editor, so that means in the HTML editor it wont work unless I literally wrap a sentence in paragraph tags ?

Hello @ianizaguirre,

With HTML editor, you will need to insert <p> tags to separate paragraph texts.
For example:

<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer scelerisque eros eu pulvinar dictum. Nunc egestas massa at elit bibendum, cursus fringilla nunc faucibus. Proin dignissim efficitur nunc a cursus. In luctus mi in nisi condimentum, sed ornare enim tempor.</p> 

<p>Praesent semper ultricies tellus, rutrum fermentum leo viverra at. Sed a venenatis ante, non aliquam tortor. Aliquam erat volutpat. Curabitur felis elit, rhoncus et molestie in, auctor euismod lorem. Etiam viverra hendrerit metus, vitae ullamcorper metus ultricies ut. Ut eu ex id ligula viverra auctor at quis urna.</p>

With Rich Text editor, you do not need any code. Simply input the texts, new lines and line breaks.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.