Post Page Missing Comment Section

I really hope this isn’t anything dumb…I cannot, for the life of me, get the comment form to show on my posts.
http://va.northwaydesigns.com/esprit-de-corps-architect/

I do have “allow” checked. I don’t have any disable plugins.

This may be related to https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/error-on-error-page-line-137-helper-php/13669

My posts pages don’t show the comment form. Comments are “allowed” and no comment suppressing plugins are used.

I’m desperate to fix this, under deadline. va.northwaydesigns.com

This is an automated message to notify you that your thread was posted in the wrong forum, and it has been moved to the correct place. A member of our team will be happy to reply just as soon as your thread is up. How support works.

For support, please post all questions in the Support Forum.

For peer to peer conversations with other Themeco customers about tips, customizations, or suggestions you are welcome to use the Peer to Peer (no official support provided here).

For Design & Development, Marketing & Media, and Hosting & Optimization discussions you are welcome to use the General Forum to discuss with fellow Apex members about non Themeco related topics. Please keep this in mind in the future.

Thank-you!

Wait, so you’re not going to help me with the issue? I’m not understanding? Please advise.

I had mistakenly posted two like support issues. I couldn’t figure out how to delete, so I forwarded one here. This is still and issue and is now two days outstanding.

Hi there,

The message you saw was an automated one indicating that the place of the question is wrong. Now the thread is in the support section which is the correct place.

The reply time span varies from 24-48 hours or sooner. We are experiencing traffic these days due to the new version release. But this should be back to normal in a week or two.

On the page you have mentioned I already see the comments form:

Try to clear your browser cache or check the website with another browser.

Thank you.

No one was responding to me to so I found a way to force them using this code to functions.php
add_filter( ‘comments_open’, ‘__return_true’ ); //line 20

THIS IS NOT A PERMANENT SOLUTION. I would like to fix this.

Could this be related to the error message I’m setting on all my X sites?

I got the same automated message here, which is really confusing and led me to believe I was not going to get any help. I cried a little.

Hi,

Comments sections are working fine across my test sites.

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

I have added the secure note with credentials.

Could this have anything to do with that “line 137 help.php” error?

Are you by chance working on this now? The post page has randomly started to redirect to the about us page. I have tried everything to correct this.

I have my customer who will look at it today…so I can’t have this page redirecting.

There is this plugin called “Restrict User Access”, this was causing the re-direct for my posts. My bad.

Hi,

Please do not bump your thread. Self responding or bumping your post pushes it back in our Queue system so it takes longer to respond to.

With regards to the comment section, there is something wrong with your set-up that is preventing the comment settings from working. I would like to further check but the ftp login is not working.

We also would like to check the database and see if the settings are being saved correctly. Can you provide us your cpanel login in Secure Note

Thanks

Secure note added. I was not trying to bump, just adding more detail. Should I do that by editing my exiting comment next time?

Hi there,

I tried to login using the details you have provided but I am getting the error: ERROR: Invalid email address.

Kindly double check the details.

For the meantime, kindly go over the following steps:

#1. First, make sure that comments are enabled by checking the Allow people to post comments on new articles option in Settings > Discussion.
#2. If the option mentioned in the first step is not enabled, and you have just enabled it - the comments will still not show up in the post because the discussion setting in the previous post are disabled.
#3. Go back to the posts and edit one of them then click on Screen Options which is on the top right area of the page just below your username.
#4. Enable the Discussion option.
#5. Scroll down the page and you should see the Discussion metabox and the Allow comments option under it.
#6. Enable Allow Comments.

The comment section for the post should now be available if there is no other issues causing it to be hidden.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.