Post load time: Loading the preview took longer than expected. There may be script conflicts on this page

Hi,

Cornerstone posts takes too long to load and after load get the following message
“Loading the preview took longer than expected. There may be script conflicts on this page.”
Please let me know the information required to look into this or any pointers to check.

Thanks

Hi,

Kindly refer to the link below.

If that doesn’t help, please provide us your wordpress and ftp login in Secure Note(key icon)

Thanks

HI
I have added the secure note with the required info
Thanks

Would you mind deactivating all third party plugins while we investigate? This is to speed up the process of troubleshooting. I can’t view the source code and use developer tools because a third party plugin prevent it.

Please also tell us what solutions you’ve tried in the previously given link.

Thanks.

Hi
I have deactivated “WP Content Copy Protection & No Right Click” which may be preventing the view source. If I deactivate everything then the site will be non functional, isnt it?
I have verified the http https thing
Thanks

Yes, it will remove some functionality temporarily but that would help speed up the troubleshooting process.

Anyway, the Google Publisher plugin is throwing an error and there’s also a 500 Internal Sever Error with admin-ajax. One possible cause of that is third party plugin conflict.

We also need that you completely remove W3 Total Cache for troubleshooting purposes. It is possible that it is causing this issue. You can install it back once this issue is solved.

Thanks.

Hi
I have disabled the W3Cache, will it help?

It needs to be completely removed. Simply deactivating it does not remove the code it leaves in wp-config and htaccess which can cause issues.

If deactivating third party plugins could not be done in your Live site, please copy your site over to a staging server and give us its WP Admin and FTP access.

Thanks.

Ok, Let me send you securenote for the beta site, which is a copy

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. I disabled all plugins except the Cornerstone and deleted the W3 Total Cache. Then I updated the theme and all the plugins to the latest version. Then I changed the Child theme to the Parent theme and finally, I updated the WordPress to the latest version.

Then I checked the homepage using the Cornerstone and it loaded pretty fast.

Thank you.

Thanks, should we enable all the inbuilt plugins that are provided by Themco, ex rev slider etc and then test.

Hi there,

Upon checking your server configurations, I see that you’re running slightly older version of PHP v5.4.43. WordPress recommends PHP v7.2 (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/) to avoid any incompatibility issues and also it will increase your site performance as well including loading times according to benchmarks.

You can ask your hosting provider to update it for you and test your site after updating.

Hope that helps.
Thanks!

Thanks I will try the advised things and come back if the issue persists.

You’re welcome and thank you for your cooperation.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.