Post and Page template conflict

I set blog post template and landing page templates.

Last week I posted both a new blog post and new page template and they have different looks for each that I can not figure.

Example 1, blog: this post has “related post” on bottom, new post does not.

Example 2, landing page: this landing page intentionally does not have “Subscribe to Email Post” ConvertPlug on bottom. This new landing page does and I do not want it.

Apologies, I have spent many times doing the wrong thing to try to fix both. Your guidance as helpful.

Regards,

Hello Toby,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I checked the page and I can see that in a CSS property has been added that hides the related post. Now the reason why it’s showing up in the old post is because of an inline CSS has been added display: block that overrides the CSS. Either you can remove the display:none or add inline CSS to show related post. Here’s some screenshot.

That being said, as you are using a 3rd party plugin to display the related post. Issues coming because of 3rd party plugins falls outside the scope of support we can offer.

Try adding following CSS under Pro > Theme Options > CSS and see how it goes:

.cp-modal-popup-container {
    display: none !important;
}

I see that you are using cache plugin. Upon making the changes please make sure to clear cache.

Thanks.

Thank you for response and research.

So, I turned off related posts, until I resolve. However, the same issue concerns me, why the latest blog post and latest page have different CSS than the rest of the blog posts and other pages.

Hey Toby,

Posts do not have templates unlike pages. They only have 2 layouts. It’s either with sidebar or fullwidth layout. I see that your single post is using fullwidth layout. To make your pages look like your post, you should set the page template to Fullwidth. For more details about Page Templates, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/meta-options-pages/144

If I’m not understanding you correctly, please provide the URLs of the “latest blog post” and the “latest page” so we could see the difference.

Thanks.

Good, that is also how I understand post templates, I should have said blog post page setup. Apology.

I don’t want to make pages look like posts. I want to find out why 1) new post formats do not follow same format as prior post formats and 2) new landing page formats: Blank - Container | No Header, No Footer.

Here are the samples for each:

(Blog) Page templates Example 1, blog: this post has “related post” on bottom, new post does not.

Example 2, landing page: this landing page intentionally does not have “Subscribe to Email Post” ConvertPlug on bottom. This new landing page does and I do not want it. Note: I made the CSS suggestion on the new landing page to temporarily hide the modal popup as suggested by @Prasant

Thank you

Hi There,

Both links you sent, I couldn’t see any related posts at the end of the posts. Can you send the screenshot how it looks on your end?

Please share us with your admin account so we can take a closer look.

Thank you.

Added private note for user name and password.

I had turned Jetpack > Related Posts off when you checked. Apologies. I want to figure why new page and new post did not follow same template, each.

Much appreciation.

Hello @TobyElwin,

I have logged in to your site and I found out that you have selected the pages where in the ConvertPlus form should be disabled.

This should explain why some pages have the form and other do not.

I just changed Enable On Complete Site to NO and opted to only show on post.

Something affects new pages and posts when I use Pro to create and launch that I need to find out. This remains an open issue.

Hi @TobyElwin,

It doesn’t seem to be theme and template related as it also happens on your TwentyNineteen theme. I recommend contacting Jetpack authors to see what’s going on. And maybe because it’s a related posts where new post has no relation to other posts as of yet?

And do you mean to say those two landing pages shouldn’t display the ConvertPlus?

, landing page: this landing page intentionally does not have “Subscribe to Email Post” ConvertPlug on bottom. This new landing page does and I do not want it.

As I assume you don’t want it on both? If yes then it’s working, I don’t see the popup appearing on those two landing pages but appears on blog post. Or are you referring that it doesn’t display at all anywhere? If yes, then please try toggling off the cookie option.

Thanks!

You guys have all been fantastic with suggestions. This has given pause for me to take time and learn more about the tool and template and features.

Many thanks for digging around and offering thoughts. I used options to problem solve a bit deeper.

Regards

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.