Possible plugin conflict

I am using Shortcodes by United Themes for approximately 50+ blogs. I have slowly been going through the pages and removing the shortcodes but is there another way?

There does not seem to be a simpler way than reposting every blog one by one. Everything is making me work in the Pro application and I like that for pages, it’s not so easy for a simple blog post.

I have done my best to remove a number of the plugins I’m using but I found not all the plugins that came with Pro are working for me either.

Suggestions?

Hello @itfitspt,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I am slightly confused with the question. If you designed the pages using different page builder or United Themes short-codes and when you open the page in Pro content builder, it will not work as content builder is not backward compatible. You will have to manually make the necessary changes.

In case I misinterpreted the question, please let me know by providing more details. Will be happy to help you out.

Thanks.

I have had my page for a couple years and I used united themes shortcodes for formatting pages and posts because I used to have the Brooklyn theme. I recently updated to Pro and now I am trying to get through my past blogs to remove the short codes but it’s taking time to get through.

There are conflicts with some of the plugins and the shortcodes kinda work enough that it will take time to get through but there other things that aren’t working … like when I am trying to share my page and links to social media the meta data is not sharing as it should.

I would like to deactivate the plugin but I still need it.

I didn’t know if there is another short code plugin that will work with Pro so I can use the wordpress post page or do I have to post the blogs in the Pro application/dashboard?

I hope that makes sense, now

Hello There,

If you have created your pages and post with another builder, please do not deactivate the page builder or shortcode plugin and your page and posts should display fine. You won’t be able to edit the existing page/post in Pro editor because the Pro editor can only edit page/post that was created or built with Cornerstone or the Pro editor.

If you rely heavily on a shortcode, any shortcode should work in Pro editor with no issue. Simply insert a text element and your shortcode in it.

If you are using Pro and when you share in social media, it will display a different information, you might need to turn off the built in Open Graph in Pro > Theme Options > Social. This is necessary especially is you are using Yoast SEO plugin to avoid any conflict with this plugin.

Hope this helps.

A couple of the shortcodes don’t work as they used to (buttons for instance), so yes, it’s taking time to change things so I don’t need ANY shortcodes. It’s not heavy but I’m a perfectionist.

I checked the setting you referred to and I currently have it off. I try to share the pages I created with PRO, the pics I chose will not load on social media. It’s picking and choosing what to use.

I had most plugins off in order to create the pages and I was able to have them ‘work’ when the plugins were off. I would be happy to share my info and have someone take a look.

Hey There,

Please provide us the url of you site and maybe an access so that we can take a look.

Thanks.

Here’s my site… http://itfitspt.ca/

And below is one of the pics I have tried to get to load with the share. It’s picking up an image on my homepage.

how would suggest I give you access? Is this thread private?

Hey There,

Thanks for providing the url. I have inspected the page and I can see that Yoast SEO plugin is displaying the necessary Open Graph meta needed for your site.

The only issue is that the image: http://itfitspt.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/HOMEPAGE-IMAGE2.png does not exist and this might be the reason why it is picking up another image from your homepage.

For more details how you can get support or post a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Sorry… That is the problem… the pic that is listed has been deleted for quite some time. I have tried to change the pic in yoast, the featured image and using the theme. I can’t seem to change it.

Hey There,

You might need to edit the page, update the Yoast SEO meta and update the featured image.

If you would not mind, please provide access to your site so that we can also take a closer look at this issue.

Thanks.

I have edited the page over and over… deactivated the plugin and reactivated.

I will try to share login details

Hi @itfitspt

That’s where you need to change the image URL:

Then you can check the result using this tool:
https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

Thanks.

1 Like

Yay!!! I was changing it on the page.

Is this new with the last update? I never saw this before.

Hey There,

It’s been there ever since. You may just have missed it. It is for the default settings of Yoast SEO plugin by the way.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Yes… That issue that brought me here is fixed.

As it stands, I have to turn off plugins to edit pages in Pro but I will hopefully be able to get rid of the need for some of them.

Thank you so much everyone.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.