Position of Headline in 6.5.5 vs 6.4.6

Hi,
I noticed on updating one of my sites to X v6.5.5 that the position of the Headline text in the Headline element is now bottom justified vs being top justified in X v6.4.6. This then messes up the spacing below the headline everywhere across my site. I’ve attached screenshots showing the difference. How can I stop this happening with the upgrade to 6.5.5? Or, change the justification of the text within the Headline element?
Thanks, Neil

Hi There @neilhartley ,

Thanks for writing in! I see that you have revert back to old version (x6.4.6), so I could not inspect your issue. Also please note that, if you use an older version of X theme with the latest version of Cornerstone plugin, you may experience incompatibility issues as well.

With regard to your original issue, I see that you’re on SiteGround hosting. So it’s important clear full cache including SiteGround cache. You can refer to the following resource here (https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/).

Also to isolate your issue further, you can disable your 3rd party plugins and also your child theme after updating your X theme to the latest version.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further. You need to either update your site to the latest X theme or else you can create a test site using the exact copy of your live site and then update X theme there. To do that, please refer to our migration guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126).

Thanks!

The two images I shared are from different sites - I was illustrating the different positioning of the text within the headline element (at the top of the element in 6.4.6 and at the bottom in 6.5.5). I don’t think this has anything to do with versions of cornerstone, plug-ins? Is there any way I can change where the text is positioned?

Hello Neil,

On version 6.5.5, there is added custom CSS on renew stack to reset bottom margin of paragraph tag inside headline element. The achieve the same look without overriding the default settings on 6.5.5, please add bottom margin. On Design Tab of Headline element, go to Margin settings. Click Unlink button and set bottom margin accordingly:

Adding bottom margin will give space on bottom and alternately, adding top margin will give you space on top.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.