Portfolio Text on front page

Hi! I am creating a portfolio in X theme Integrity. I am wondering if it is possible to show some of the text of the portfolio item under the video on the frontpage. Three lines or something ending with a ‘read more…’

Now you can just click on the title to read the text. I would love it for some of the text to already show up on the front page so people know they can read about the project!

Link:
http://www.devideomakers.nl/portfolio/

Thanx for helping out!

Hey @devideomakers,

The Portfolio display was designed not to have an excerpt. I’ll show you how to output an excerpt to it, but please note that we will not support issues that might arise from customizations and further enhancements.

I see you’re already using a child theme so we can proceed with the steps listed below:

1. Please navigate to x-child\framework\views and if you haven’t already, add a new folder and name it integrity because it’s the stack you’re using. If you’re going to use another stack in the future, you need to repeat this step.

2. Next, go to the parent theme’s \framework\views\integrity folder and copy content-portfolio.php to the same folder structure in your child theme which you’ve done in the previous step.

3. Open the copied file in your child theme and under the closing </h2> tag, insert this code:
    <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_content', 'the-excerpt' ); ?>

The result should look like this:

Just note that because the excerpt is used in there, you need to take into account the Excerpt Length set in X > Theme Options > Blog > Content.

Hope that helps.

Thanx so much! This is what I was looking for! Gonna try it out

Have a good day!

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.