Portfolio Plus Icon

Hello. How do I remove the plus icon on a portfolio page and use breadcrumbs instead?

thank you
Martin

Hey Martin,

The code responsible for that display is in _landmark-header.php which it’s located in x\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\renew. This is the code block to be more specific:

<?php if ( $breadcrumbs == '1' ) : ?>
            <?php if ( ! is_front_page() && ! x_is_portfolio() ) : ?>
              <div class="x-breadcrumbs-wrap">
                <?php x_breadcrumbs(); ?>
              </div>
            <?php endif; ?>
          <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ( x_is_portfolio() ) : ?>
              <?php x_portfolio_filters(); ?>
            </div>
          <?php endif; ?>

In the code, there’s conditions that needs to be met for the breadcrumbs to display. That needs to be overriden.

To do that, you will first need to setup a child theme. Once the child theme is installed and activated. Copy the parent theme’s _landmark-header.php to your child theme’s x-child\framework\views\renew folder.

Change the block of code above to the code below.

<?php if ( $breadcrumbs == '1' ) : ?>
            <?php if ( ! is_front_page() ) : ?>
                <?php x_breadcrumbs(); ?>
              </div>
            <?php endif; ?>
          <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ( x_is_portfolio() ) : ?>
              <?php // x_breadcrumbs(); ?>
            </div>
          <?php endif; ?>

You will need to clear all caches including your browser cache for changes to take effect as you can see in this screencast.

Please note that this is theme modification which is not a part of our support service. What I’ve shown you here is only a guide to help you get started. If you encounter issues with this or would want an enhancement, you will need to consult with a third party developer.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

thanks for the reply. I have decided I do not need breadcrumbs, is there a way to simply turn off the + sign?

thank you

A simple solution to that would be to hide the filter. You can do that by adding the code below in Theme Options > CSS.

.x-portfolio-filters {
    display: none;
}

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.