Portfolio page keeps forcing to Skeleton

Hello,

I just purchased the theme about a week ago, so please excuse my possible ignorances.

I am building a website for a company client using the theme, and am having huge issues getting a portfolio page editable. I’ve disabled all 3rd party plugins, and a few other different things I’ve found while searching online, and still continually get skeleton view on the portfolio pages.

I’m able to preview the page using the portfolio rules set at the bottom of the page, but not in cornerstone.

Thanks for your help!

Hi there,

I checked the same case on my local installation and it was working ok. Would you please kindly get back to us with the information below:

• The URL/User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note functionality of the post.
  • Test for the same case while you add a new portfolio item.
  • Test if it is happening on posts or pages too
  • Go to X > Cornerstone and make sure that the Portfolio post type is selected:

Thank you.

Hey Chris,

Thank you for getting back to me. I’ve added the secure note, as well as followed your other 3 steps, and to no avail. The allowed post types did not have Portfolio (I didn’t know about that), but added it. Unfortunately, that did not work.

I can use Cornerstone on pages and posts, but still not portfolio. And to clarify, this isn’t a portfolio post, but a page with the layout designated as Portfolio. That page is the ‘Dine’ page.

Hi,

Please note that when a page is set as portfolio or blog page it is no longer editable in cornerstone.

The portfolio page will show all your portfolio items.

Thanks

Hey Paul,

Thanks for that.

With that, how do I edit the portfolio or portfolio page layout and css? Just override x-theme code in global CSS?

Hi,

Yes, for css code you can override the theme’s css by adding your own in global css

You can also change the layout by copying wp-content\themes\x\framework\views\renewtemplate-layout-portfolio.php to your child theme wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\views\renewtemplate-layout-portfolio.php and edit the file according to your preference.

For more information kindly refer to the link below.

Hope that helps