Portfolio Page Errors

Hi

I can’t get the Portfolio page set up correctly on our site.

URL is… https://fidelity-manufacturing.com/portfolio/

I’ve followed the Portfolio setup guide, created a new Portfolio page and created 2 new items to display on the Portfolio page.
As you can see, the 2 items are not displaying correctly and the image is not pulling through.

I can’t add any sections to the portfolio page in the Pro page content or edit it’s layout in any way. It just doesn’t seem to be working correctly at all.

Can you take a look and see if there’s something I have done incorrectly?

Hi chrisholden84,
I’ve checked your web page and this is how I can see the portfolio layout:

Are you still having any problem with this page? I’ll be glad to help.

Thanks.

Hi Alaa

Yes, I managed to add a “Feature Image” which pulls through onto the portfolio page, but there’s a host of things that I cannot seem to figure out on the Portfolio page.

1. How do I add a page title and other details to the page to match the styling of the rest of the site.
    The portfolio page layout and styling seems pretty much uneditable. I’d like to add a title banner.

2. I don’t want the Feature Images on the above portfolio grid page to link through to a post page. How do I disable this?

3. How do I add category filters to the gallery? I’d like to add “Product Type”, “Brand” and maybe “Colour”. I’ve already added a “Product Type” category to these products, but a corresponding filter menu is not appearing on the page.

4. How do I edit the roll-over particle effect text that appears? I’d like it to read Brand and Product Title, or at the very least just remove the ‘IMAGE’ and ‘DATE’ text that appears, so that only the Page Title appears on roll-over?

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

1. Are you referring to the portfolio index page (listing of portfolio items)? Yes, they can’t be edited through admin and there is no landmark available when using a custom Pro header. You’ll have to implement your landmark to your header and breadcrumbs too.

2. I’m not sure what you mean, but the featured images are not currently linking. But you can do that by adding this CSS to your global custom CSS.

.page-template-template-layout-portfolio .entry-featured a {
pointer-events: none;
}
  1. It’s part of the header landmark, since your page doesn’t have a landmark then it’s not doable through options. This is related to #1 so I’m putting the required changes for both #1 and #3.

a. Please add this code to your child theme’s functions.php

add_shortcode('renew_landmark', 'renew_landmark');

function renew_landmark ( $atts ) {

ob_start();

$disable_page_title = get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_x_entry_disable_page_title', true );
$breadcrumbs        = x_get_option( 'x_breadcrumb_display' );

?>

<?php if ( ! x_is_blank( 1 ) && ! x_is_blank( 2 ) && ! x_is_blank( 4 ) && ! x_is_blank( 5 ) ) : ?>
  <?php if ( is_page() && $disable_page_title == 'on' ) : ?>

<?php else : ?>

<header class="x-header-landmark">
      <div class="x-container max width">
        <div class="x-landmark-breadcrumbs-wrap">
          <div class="x-landmark">

<?php if ( x_is_shop() || x_is_product() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo x_get_option( 'x_renew_shop_title' ); ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( x_is_bbpress() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo get_the_title(); ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( x_is_buddypress() ) : ?>
            <?php if ( x_buddypress_is_component_with_landmark_header() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo x_buddypress_get_the_title(); ?></span></h1>

<?php endif; ?>
          <?php elseif ( is_page() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark entry-title"><span><?php the_title(); ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( is_home() || is_single() ) : ?>
            <?php if ( x_is_portfolio_item() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo x_get_parent_portfolio_title(); ?></span></h1>

<?php else : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo x_get_option( 'x_renew_blog_title' ); ?></span></h1>

<?php endif; ?>
          <?php elseif ( is_search() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php _e( 'Search Results', '__x__' ); ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( is_category() || x_is_portfolio_category() || x_is_product_category() ) : ?>

<?php

$meta  = x_get_taxonomy_meta();
            $title = ( $meta['archive-title'] != '' ) ? $meta['archive-title'] : __( 'Category Archive', '__x__' );

?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo $title; ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( is_tag() || x_is_portfolio_tag() || x_is_product_tag() ) : ?>

<?php

$meta  = x_get_taxonomy_meta();
            $title = ( $meta['archive-title'] != '' ) ? $meta['archive-title'] : __( 'Tag Archive', '__x__' );

?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo $title ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( is_404() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php _e( 'Oops!', '__x__' ); ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( is_year() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php _e( 'Post Archive by Year', '__x__' ); ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( is_month() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php _e( 'Post Archive by Month', '__x__' ); ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( is_day() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php _e( 'Post Archive by Day', '__x__' ); ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( x_is_portfolio() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php the_title(); ?></span></h1>

<?php endif; ?>

</div>

<?php if ( $breadcrumbs == '1' ) : ?>
            <?php if ( ! is_front_page() && ! x_is_portfolio() ) : ?>
              <div class="x-breadcrumbs-wrap">
                <?php x_breadcrumbs(); ?>
              </div>
            <?php endif; ?>
          <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ( x_is_portfolio() ) : ?>
            <div class="x-breadcrumbs-wrap">
              <?php x_portfolio_filters(); ?>
            </div>
          <?php endif; ?>

</div>
      </div>
    </header>

<?php endif; ?>
<?php endif; 

return ob_get_clean();

} ?>

b. The title should appear, as for the filter. Please edit your portfolio index page and go to its Portfolio Settings section and select the categories you wish to filter.

c. Then edit your page and add another header bar with single container, then add a text element in that container. And last, add [renew_landmark] as your text element’s content.

1. It’s not a particle and something that can’t be edited like builder’s element. It’s specific to the stack you’re using which is the RENEW. Even the landmark is specific to that stack. But, you can simply hide the image and date text by adding this CSS to your global custom CSS.
.x-portfolio .entry-cover-content span:first-child,
    .x-portfolio .entry-cover-content span:last-child{
     display: none;
    }

Hope these helps.

Hi

I’ve successfully installed the Child Theme, but how do I update the function.php file, as you have instructed?

Sorry, probably a simple question but a bit new to this?

Hi There,

You just have to edit the functions.php file using a text editor and add the code provided above into that file, save changes and test your site.

If you need further information, you can follow a video guide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi4ai0f3ZrA).

Hope that helps.

Hi

Instead of carrying out these changes, I’ve switched to Icon stack, which by default shows a category filter.

The only problem I’m having now, is that the category filter doesn’t actually worked when clicked on.

Even though all images have been categorised by Brand, when you click on a brand within the category filter, it shows no results.

See… https://fidelity-manufacturing.com/portfolio/

Can anyone help? How do I activate the category filter to do it’s job?
Is it also possible to show multiple different category filters, eg. ‘Brand’ as one category filter, and an entirely different category filter for ‘Product Type’?

Thanks

Hello There,

The portfolio items is working exactly as intended to be. Please be advise that the portfolio filter works to filter items on that page only. So for example in page 1, when you click on other category aside from “Musto” nothing will display because all of the portfolio items in page 1 belongs to “Musto”. Another example in page 2, when you select “Brasher”, the portfolio items down below will now displays and the other items that belongs to “Musto” is hidden away.

Things to remember with the Portfolio filter is that it only filters out items present in that page. So for example, you have 24 items in the first page and all of the 24 items belongs to only one category, as soon as you click on the other filter category, no portfolio grid items will display unless other items have multiple category assignments or other items belongs to more than one category.

The portfolio filter is only base in category. If you need to add more filter, I would suggest that you use Essential Grid plugin in displaying your portfolio grid. Please check out the plugin details here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-essential-grid/68

Hope this helps.

Thank you, that’s really helped.

I was able to achieve what I wanted using Essential Grid.

It’s worth mentioning, to get an Essential Grid to work with a Portfolio Page, I had to change the portfolio page template, from “Layout - Portfolio” to “Blank - No Container | Header, Footer”.

I struggled to get the Essential Grid to show on the Portfolio Page without changing the template.

Thanks

You are welcome, I’m glad you managed to get it working fine and thanks for your feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.