Portfolio Link Question

Hi there,

Putting together my portfolio page and I’d like to go outside of the strict format provided for the landing pages. Is there any possible way to link the portfolio item to a new, blank content page that I can instead build and edit in Cornerstone?

Also, can I somehow remove just the text upon portfolio item hover that say “IMAGE” and the date?

Thanks,
Holly

1 Like

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! When you’re adding a portfolio item, you have the option to specify an external link.

To remove Image and Date on hover, add the following CSS rules into your Theme Options > Global CSS area.

.x-portfolio .entry-cover-content span:nth-child(1) {
    display: none;
}
.x-portfolio .entry-cover-content span:nth-child(3) {
    display: none;
}

Hope that helps.
Thanks!

Hi! Thanks so much for your help.

Unfortunately I only seem to be able to follow my external link after landing on the “Portfolio Item Landing Page” and then clicking “Launch Project”. Is there a way to skip the middle step and go straight to my external link from the portfolio item?

Thanks for the CSS, worked a treat. Was just wondering if I could instead replace the date text with individual descriptions of my portfolio item somehow?

Thank you again,
Holly

Hi there,

Unfortunately, I should say no to both questions.

It is not possible to cut the middle one as that is how the portfolio supposed to work, a listing pf portfolio items linked to the single portfolio pages.

And it is not possible to add descriptions instead of the date unless you customize the whole section which is outside of our support scope and you will have to hire a developer to do so.

I suggest that you consider using the Essential Grid plugin to have a cool listing of pages that then you will be able to use the Cornerstone to create.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.