Portfolio Layout in Pro

Hi There,

I was wondering if there was any way for every portfolio page to have a custom sidebar where I could write about each project. I’d also like to move the project title and categories above the featured image. I’m not quite sure how well I’m explaining it, so I marked up a screenshot:

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you,
Katie

Hey Katie,

1. Moving the title is not possible out of the box. That requires template modification which is outside the scope of our support.

2. To remove the author, you need to add this code in Appearance > Theme Options > Global CSS

.single-x-portfolio .p-meta span:first-child {
        display: none;
    }

3. The area you pointed out above the social links is for the tags. Template modification is also required to add text to that area.

Thanks.

Thank you for the quick response Christian!

The main reason I was drawn to use your portfolio feature is the filter/sort option. I think it might be best if I create a portfolio with the essential grid plugin. That way, I can have more control over what my portfolio pages look like while still having a filtering option.

With that being said, I’m new to Essential Grid. I’m unfamiliar with differences between the standard “essential grid” vs essential “grid example posts” in my dashboard and what I should use in order to achieve a similar user flow to your portfolio example.

Other than this article ( https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-essential-grid/68 ), are there any other resources that I can read on how to achieve what I want?

Thank you again!
Katie

Hey Katie,

The essential grid documentation is the best resource to get it started with. Please check it out here:
https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/essential-grid-documentation/

In addition, these video tutorials should also help:

Please let us know how it goes.

Will do :slight_smile: Thank you so much!

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.