Portfolio item full width

Hi,

Is it possible to make the portfolio item pages full width or to edit them with cornerstone?

Thank you

Hi there,

Yes, you can use Cornerstone to edit portfolio items.

Go to X > Cornerstone > Settings > Allowed Post Types then select Portfolio.

Hope this helps.

Hi!

It helps, but not 100%. How can I choose the template of the portfolio item (blank, header, footer, etc.)?

Thank you

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! Regretfully this isn’t a feature offered by X. It could be possible with custom development, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

Thanks for understanding. Take care!

Thank you!

You’re welcome!

Hi, I had the same problem. Basically, when I put content using Cornerstone app into a Porfolio item it stuck as a column with right hand alignment. Any container placed in the space provided is always on right. No way to use porfolio item via Cornerstone. I reckon that is the issue X team needs to fix because it is not new development as Cornerstone is clearly can be enabled to edit Portfolio items. Could someone explain if my expectations are too high?

Hi There,

I understand your issue, but that is how the portfolio template layout is, its 68% featured media (Image, Slider, or Video) on the left, and 32% area for the content/information on the right.

screenshot

It possible to edit the said portfolio template but that would require a customization which falls outside of the support that we can offer.

Though it is possible with custom CSS (display: none;) to hide the featured media area and make the Content area 100% width (width: 100%;).

Thank you for understanding,

Ok, you clarified that to me enough. May be I can try CSS. Where exactly I need to add it to? thanks

Hi there,

You can add the CSS to X > Launch > Options > CSS.

I understand that the original request for the thread was somewhat similar to your question, but I strongly suggest that you open up a separate thread for this matter as each environment has its specific characteristics.

Also, it will help us to identify the problem faster and focus to your question and serve you better, we will not have to read through all the replies from top to bottom to find out that the original question is solved and there is an additional one.

This does not apply to other categories of this forum. In other discussion categories engage in the discussion please, but for the support category, we will appreciate if you open up a new thread. For more information regarding getting support kindly read this article:

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

what you advised doesnt work. I even cant add image. total waste fo my time on porforlio

Hello,

You were advised to open a new thread regarding your issue.

If you need help, please open a new thread explain what you are trying to achieve and provide your URL.

If you don´t want to invest time in solving your design goals we recommend you hire a developer to assist you.

Thank you