Portfolio Issue

WordPress 4.8.2
Theme x 5.2.2 with a child theme
Cornerstone 2.1.3
avfx.live

I have individual portfolio category pages and they work fine. They show the portfolio items for the correct category and they show all on one page. You can see these at: /corporate-event-portfolio/, /special-event-portfolio/, /trade-show-portfolio/, /av-integration-portfolio/

I have a portfolio page http://avfx.live/portfolio/ with the portfolio page template. It shows All, AV Integration, Corporate Events, Special events, trade shows as my category filters. I selected all in the page settings to get this. I selected 24 portfolio items per page. However, when I select AV Integration only 9 portfolio images are shown on the page (There are 15 AV Integration portfolio images) and pagination is shown at the bottom of the page. If I select the 2 from the bottom pagination it shows me a page with portfolio images from categories other than AV Integration. I have the same issue with the other categories as well.

AV Integration has 15 portfolio images , Corporate Events has 12 portfolio images, Special events has 21 portfolio images, trade shows has 16 portfolio images so they all should be displayed on a single page, because I have the page number to display to 24, yet they all show the pagination at the bottom and when you select a page from the pagination it looses the category.

This is an automated message to notify you that your thread was posted in the wrong forum, and it has been moved to the correct place. A member of our team will be happy to reply just as soon as your thread is up. How support works.

For support, please post all questions in the Support Forum.

For peer to peer conversations with other Themeco customers about tips, customizations, or suggestions you are welcome to use the Peer to Peer (no official support provided here).

For Design & Development, Marketing & Media, and Hosting & Optimization discussions you are welcome to use the General Forum to discuss with fellow Apex members about non Themeco related topics. Please keep this in mind in the future.

Thank-you!

I was hoping that I could receive a response on this issue. The website is getting close to going live, but we cannot go live with this issue.

Hello There,

Sorry for the late reply.

The portfolio page will display 24 items by default regardless of the category. It will display the recent portfolio items that you have added by published date. AV Integration has 15 portfolio images , Corporate Events has 12 portfolio images, Special events has 21 portfolio images, trade shows has 16 portfolio images. All in all, you have 64 portfolio items and that would have 3 pages when displayed in the portfolio page.

Now out of the 24 items displayed on the page 1 of the portfolio, the portfolio filter will only be used to filter out the items that is displayed on the page out of the 24 items. This is the reason why you only have 9 AV Integration. So 24 items minus 9 AV Integration items will have 15 more items coming from different categories which is present on the page.

You must understand that the purpose of having the portfolio filter is to filter out the items present on the page. It does not display all the items of the categories because most probably the other items will be in the next page.

Hope this explains it briefly.

I understand that it displays 24 items by default and when I first go to the Portfolio it shows the latest 24 portfolio items regardless of the category - I am ok with that. But I do not think the filter should filtering based on what is on the first page of the portfolio, it should be filtering based on my entire portfolio.

If someone filters on AV Integration, I would expect all of my AV Integration items in my full portfolio, up to 24, to be displayed on page 1. If I have more than 24 AV Integration items I would expect to have pagination at the bottom so all of my AV Integration items could be seen. I do not think that your filter is working the way a filter commonly works.

This seems to make the filtering on the portfolio completely useless. This must be a common problem or people are not using your portfolio. I hope that this can be addressed ASAP.

Hi there,

As my colleague gave you detailed information our portfolio filtering system works as he described at the time being. We certainly appreciate the feedback. This is something we can add to our list of feature requests. This way it can be taken into consideration for future development. All of these items are discussed with our team internally and prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.