Portfolio is gone with update

Hello,
I have just done an update from X and now my whole portfolio (page) is gone! Please help!
greetings,
Zara

Hello Helma,

Thanks for writing in!

I see that you are using Cornerstone version 3.5.4. Please update Cornerstone to latest version 3.5.5 to avoid any compatibility issues. Here’s the resources that you can refer:

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

Hi,
The portfolio is still not working. Can you please check? I don’t know whether I should activate the seperate cornerstone plug-in (that I cannot update) or that cornerstone is now working in the X theme itself.
Maybe I should remove the seperate old cornerstone plug-in?
I would really like you to tell me what’s the next step, as the articles are long, english and complicated :wink:
Best regards,
Zarah

Hello Zarah,

All you have to do is to update Cornerstone as well since your X and Cornerstone versions are incompatible at the moment which is causing the issue.

Please go to your plugins page and update Cornerstone from there:

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade,
I managed to update Cornerstone (before this wasn’t possible) and the main menu portfolio page is ok, but all the portfolio pages with all the INFO and content the pictures refer/link to (the menu page is a portal) to are gone. So I get this “oops you blew up the internet’ message when I click the image of a portfolio item. Can you tell me what to do now? Where did my portfolio pages go? And where to empty a cache if that’s a solution?
Hope we can sort it out, thanks for the advice, now we just still have to find/connect the proper portfolio pages! :wink:
Best regards,
Zara

Hello @helmaT,

I have logged in and investigated your issue. You have encountered a portfolio slug conflict.

I went ahead and fixed the issue by using the correct slug which is graphic-design in X > Theme Options > Portfolio > Custom URL Slug. I also changed the slug of your portfolio tag having the same as Graphic Design because this will also cause a slug conflict.

Please check your portfolio items now.

Thanks so much! The conflict has happened after the update, without me touching my computer, stranger things :wink: So happy it is working now and I learned some things during the proces.
Best regards!
Zara

You’re always welcome Zara!

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.