Portfolio filters disappear on 2nd page

Hi there,

I have created a portfolio in our site, and on the first page the sort filters appear.

However on 2nd and subsequent pages, the sidebar appears and the sort filters disappear ?

How can I get the sort filters to appear on all pages.
and keep each page - as full width.

Hi @markw1,

Thanks for reaching out.

There seems naming conflict with your portfolio page and category page. The second page has no filter since it became a category page instead of portfolio page. Could you try checking if you have the category with the same name as members tools? If yes then please rename it and test it again.

Else, please provide your admin login credentials for further checking in the secure note.

Thanks!

@Rad, thanks for your reply.
I have checked the portfolio categories and I have one called tools - but not member tools.

I have a temp admin login I will add as secure note.

Hello @markw1,

Your custom portfolio url slug is in conflict with the Member Tools page url slug.

I went ahead and changed it to just members-tool. Please check your site now.

Hi there,

something strange is still going on.

I removed the members-tools page - so reverted the portfolio slug to be members-tools.

Now I added in my child theme functions.php

add_action( 'x_before_view_global__portfolio', 'x_print_html' );
function x_print_html(){
	echo do_shortcode( '[x_portfolio_filters]');
}

to add the filters back before the content

HOWEVER

they only appear on the first page, when I select 2nd page, it removes the filter.
the second page on pagination does not have them.

How can I either
a) remove all pagination or
b) Add filtering to ever page.

Hello @markw1,

Since you removed or deleted the “Members Tools” page, what you have now is an archive page. The custom PHP function will no longer work because it will only be applied to the portfolio page which you have deleted already.

1.) You cannot remove the pagination because it is an archive page.
2.) You will have to get back to use the Members Tools page using the Layout-Portfolio page template.

I would highly recommend that you revert back to the Member Tools page and then set the portfolio slug to members-tool.

Hope this helps.

Hi @RueNel,

thanks for your help

I reverted so 1st page is using the Layout-Portfolio
However I am back where I was at the start - the first page shows the filters.
the subsequent pages do not have the filters.

so when I filter the list, e.g. Roles
then select 2nd Page
it looses the filter (i.e. now shows all items) and doesn’t show the filters at the top of the page.

As you suggested I think it is now showing a different type of page - i.e. moved from Layout-Portfolio
How can I get 2nd and subsequent pages to how as Layout-Portfolio

many thanks

Mark

Hello Mark,

Now that you have reverted your Members Tools page, I am seeing this:

Page 1:

Page 2:

You must have misunderstood the uses of the sort filter buttons. By default, the portfolio page will load 24 items regardless of the category. You can filter out the items by category using the button. However, there is only 1 item or no item loaded in the click category, it does not load other items which is not present on the page. You will have to go page 2 and another batch of items is loaded again.

One thing to understand is that the purpose of this button is only to sort portfolio items by category loaded within the page.

Hope this explains it briefly.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.