Portfolio Filter not showing

Hey,

I can’t see the portfolio filter. “Disable Filtering” is unchecked and I haven’t customized the CSS in any way so it would be disabled.

Could you help me out here? I don’t quite get it

Hey @PhilTone,

I don’t see the filter markup in the shortcode so this could only mean that the portfolio template has been overridden.

I see that you’re using a child theme. Before we investigate if this is an issue with our theme, please switch to the parent theme first and check if the issue persists. This is because it is possible that you have a custom template or function that overrides the filter.

If the issue is fixed after you’ve switched to the parent theme, you can enable the child theme back and rename your custom templates so that they won’t take effect. This will let you know what custom template is causing the issue.

I also see that there’s a Google Maps warning in the console. It’s unlikely to affect the Portfolio filter but please find the option in your site where you have enabled Google Maps and not set the API key. For example, I see that you’re using UberMenu. Out of the box, Google Maps API enabled in Appearance > UberMenu > General Settings > Google Maps. You need to uncheck the Load Google Maps API if you’ll not be using Google Maps.

If neither of those helps, please give us WordPress Admin access in a secure note.

Thanks.

I haven’t done any customizations yet - But for the sake of it i switched to parent theme.
Still I don’t see the filter.

I’ve also deactivated google maps in UberMenu

Hello Phil,

In that case can you please share website login details in secure note for us to take a closer look at the setup?

Thanks.

Yup, I just made you an account

Hey @PhilTone,

The Portfolio Filter and Archive Title are parts of the Classic Header. Regretfully, they will not be included when you switch to Pro Header.

The solution for this would be to use one of our bundled grid plugins (Essential Grid or The Grid) to display your portfolio showcase.

There is a custom code solution for this but before I refer them to you, please understand that we will not support issues that will arise from the use of custom code and further enhancements.

For the custom portfolio filter, please see this reply from another thread.

To display the landmark header which the archive title is a part of, please see this reply;

Hope that helps.

Ah ok that makes sense. Thx, I’ll use the Grid for it - looks nicer anyways :wink:

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.