Portfolio filter not displaying in Pro

Hi ThemeCo,
I’m having a few glitchy problems with Pro.
The main one is Portfolio filters aren’t displaying. No doubt it’s user error, but I’ve been trying to sort it for a while when I should just ask the experts!

Also, when I click Post Meta Off in Portfolio, as soon as I navigate away from theme options, it switches back to on.

Whenever I post here with problem, it seems to be a time sensitive issue…I should probably be more organised, but it would be great to hear back from you quickly.

Cheers,
Jo

Just to add, The archive title and subtitle don’t display either.

And how would I stop Pro adding the word “category” into the url of the portfolio category?

Cheers

I’ve just updated Pro and the Post Meta issue has resolved.
Still need help with the portfolio filter and archive title.

Hey Jo,

The Portfolio Filter and Archive Title are parts of the Classic Header. Regretfully, they will not be included when you switch to Pro Header.

The solution for this would be to use one of our bundled grid plugins (Essential Grid or The Grid) to display your portfolio showcase.

There is a custom code solution for this but before I refer them to you, please understand that we will not support issues that will arise from the use of custom code and further enhancements.

For the custom portfolio filter, please see this reply from another thread.

To display the landmark header which the archive title is a part of, please see this reply;

Hope that helps.

Hi Christian,
Thanks for getting back to me.

As the header is set to global, do I need to duplicate the header, add the filter shortcode and assign that header to all portfolio pages or will the shortcode only display on portfolio pages?

The filter was an integral part of the website and how it was planned to work.
Is there any an eta on when this functionality will be added to Pro?

Cheers

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! You can duplicate your header, add the filter shortcode and assign that header to all portfolio pages so that it will appear in your portfolio pages.

At the moment, we do not have an eETA yet. Rest assured our developers are well aware of this issue and looking into it.

Best Regards.

Brilliant, thank you RueNel.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

I have the filters working roughly, but I still need to adjust them to look more like the function should without the pro header.

I’d like the Title and subtitle to display and have the gradient above the filter shows.

Looking forward to hear back :slight_smile:

Hello There,

Since you only added the portfolio filter shortcode, no title and sub title were displayed. For best results, please implement this landmark header shortcode which has explained in this article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/category-and-archive-header-landmark/16068/2 instead.

We can add the gradient later on.

Thanks, added that…looks a little crazy! :slight_smile:

Hello There,

You bar height is only 6em.
You will need to adjust it and make it at least 18em.

Please let us know how it goes.

Getting there…thank you.

Couple of things.
How do I increase the width of the text box so the title fits on one line and the categories stretch wider?
And how do I edit the font size and family of the title and subtitle?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Fixed the text width issue by making it 100%.

So just editing the font style and how do I set the filter to not show the categories until the sort portfolio button is clicked?

I also want to change the text from sort portfolio to something else?

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Hello There,

To hide the categories filter and only show them after clicking portfolio button, please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

ul.x-portfolio-filters-menu.unstyled {
    display: none;
}

And this is the css code to modify font style of the title;

.h-landmark {
    font-style: normal;
}

And if you want to change the sort portfolio text, please go to X > Theme Options > Integrity > Portfolio Options. and change the “Sort Button Text”.

Hope this helps.

Thank you…the filter code worked and I’d already edited the font style :slight_smile:

The instructions: go to X > Theme Options > Integrity > Portfolio Options. and change the “Sort Button Text”.

lead me to this…see image.
Is this because I’m using Pro not X?

The archive subtitle isn’t showing either.

Mobile version isn’t working too well either.

Hello There,

Both the X and Pro shares the same settings.

There must be an error or something that prevents those option settings from loading.

For the mobile version, please make sure that the width of the content area is 100%.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I’ve set the width to 100%.

But as the image shows, when sort portfolio is selected, the sort filter and title shift over to the right.

With regards to the options not loading, do you need more information than the admin login details that I supplied at the top of this feed to find the issue?

Thanks

Hi Jo,

Thank you for providing your login credentials.

I have set max-width of container to 100% and it fixed the issue in mobile.

With regards to the options, I have checked but I can’t seem to find what is causing the issue.
Can you try reinstalling your theme through ftp.

1. Create full backup of your site (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/)
  2. Donwload PRO from forum dashbord
  3. Unzip pro.zip on your computer.
  4. Rename the pro folder to pro-updating.
  5. Connect to your server via FTP and navigate to your /wp-content/themes/ directory.
  6. Drag and drop the pro-updating folder into your themes directory.
  7. Upon completion, rename the previous pro folder to pro-previous.
  8. Rename pro-updating to pro. Your site will now be at the latest version.
  9. Delete the pro-previous folder.
  10. Visit the WordPress dashboard at least once to ensure any migration logic can run (this happens behind the scenes).

Hope that helps.