Portfolio / blogs page can't be changed

Hi all,

So let’s start with the truth of me being a noob with creating websites. However, with the editor for X-theme I’ve managed to come a long way.

Here’s the problem however: my blog posts that are created via the portfolio look like crap:

I can’t figure out for my life how to get the text to just appear under the picture (the picture wouldn’t even need to be there on that page to be honest) going from the far left of the page (outlined under the 9 squares) until the right edge of the [>]. I’m thinking this page is built up of three columns and that’s why it gets messed up, but I can’t change it.

Can somebody help me out?

Thanks in advance!
J

URL btw: https://beyond-the-framework.com/portfolio-item/team-building-reality-check-2-2/

Hello Barry,

Thanks for writing in!

Please be advised that the portfolio items has it’s own unique layout different from the posts. Please check out this knowledge base article first:

You will need a bigger featured image if you want to display bigger images. If you need the content to be underneath the featured image, please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.single-x-portfolio .entry-featured,
.single-x-portfolio .entry-wrap {
    float: none;
    padding-right: 0;
    width: 100%;
}

Again, even if you edit the portfolio using Cornerstone, only the portfolio content area can be edited. The feature image and other parts of the portfolio item layout cannot be edit with Cornerstone.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for your speedy response. When I go to the location you described, X > Theme Options > Global CSS, I get the following:

/*
// Buttons
*/

.x-btn {
font-weight: 700;
}

.x-btn.x-btn-alt,
.button.x-btn-alt,[type=“submit”].x-btn-alt {
border-color: #02aed6;
background-color: #02aed6;
box-shadow: 0 0.25em 0 0 #0b8ead, 0 4px 9px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.75);
}

.x-btn.x-btn-alt:hover,
.button.x-btn-alt:hover,[type=“submit”].x-btn-alt:hover {
border-color: #0b8ead;
background-color: #0b8ead;
box-shadow: 0 0.25em 0 0 #097690, 0 4px 9px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.75);
}

/*
// Dropcap
*/

.x-dropcap {
background-color: #02aed6;
}

… and so on.

Not the piece of code you describe in the picture. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,
J

Hi J,

Nothing is wrong. That content is your current custom CSS. @RueNel, only showed where you can add the custom CSS. Add it at the end content of your custom CSS. The image is just a representation.

Hope this helps.

Hi Lely,

Thanks very much. That solved it for me!

Kind regards,
J

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.