Portfolio and Blog Header Missing

Hi. I’m building out newsite.transcong.org for a customer.

I’m been working with headers in pro. My portfolio and blog headers seem to have disappeared?

Also, the Portfolio categories are missing?

Do you have any insight? Did I accidentally turn them off?

Thank you much.

Hi there,

Please kindly make sure that you set the header as a global one in header builder:

Also in the Pro > Launch > Theme Options > Header make sure you see this screen:

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your Wordpress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi,

I checked PRO Headers and I can see you have two headers.

One is set as Global and another set to show on front page.

It seems to work fine without issues.

If you wouldn’t mind providing us with a little more clarification on what it is you’re wanting to do ( perhaps some screenshots), we’ll be happy to provide you with a response once we have a better understanding of the situation.

Thanks

No problem. I used the wrong words. Hopefully, this makes more sense now.

It’s not my header that is missing. It’s the page titles under the header… so in this case “Blog”. The same also happened on the “Portfolio” page. (which is also missing the categories under the header).

Let me know if you need more clarification.

Hello There,

Thank you for the clarifications. The Blog title and the Portfolio page title is the landmark header title which is part of the header. It has disappeared because you are using custom header. When a custom header is being used, the whole header area becomes a blank canvas which will be replaced with whatever you created with the custom header builder. At the moment, we are on a beta testing stage for the upcoming release of the v2 elements which may include Title elements which you can add to your custom header. Please do watch out for it.

Thank you.

That makes sense. So would a work-a-round be to created custom headers for these pages with the title’s I want?

Also: the feature I’m missing the most is the sortable categories on the portfolio page. Any suggestion for work-a-round to include those at the top of the page?

Hello Again,

For now, the best suggestion I could give is to create your custom header and assign it only to a few of your pages and not as your global headers so that you will still have the landmark titles in archive pages and portfolio pages. By the way, the sorting filters in the portfolio page is also located in the landmark header which is why you are not seeing that as well.

Hope this helps.

Working on the custom headers. I’m a little confused as to how to install sortable portfolio categories into a header. Could you point me the right direction? The page I’m building is now called “resources”. My login info is below. You’ll see a custom header I’m working on for the resources page.

Hi there,

You mean the filters? It’s not integrated to the Pro header yet but you can try this workaround. Please add this code to your child theme’s functions.php

add_shortcode('x_portfolio_filters', 'x_portfolio_filters');

Then add text element in your header with this content

[x_portfolio_filters]

Hope this helps.

I’ll give it a shot. Thanks.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: