Polylang / Cornerstone problem

After updating WP to 4.9, X to 5.2.5 and Cornerstone to 2.17 I can confirm having the following nag screen when trying to edit pages with cornerstone:

“The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin conflict, or customizations introducing a PHP error.”

The issue disappears when Polylang is disabled, so it seems to be still related to it.

Hi @FriggJarkko,

Thanks for writing in.

We have informed our developer about the issue you are still having after the updates X 5.2.5/Cornerstone 2.1.7 and Pro Theme 1.2.7.

He will be responding shortly.

Please bear with us.

Hello Nico,

I am certain your developers are doing the best they can to solve the issue with Cornerstone and Polylang. For me too after the update of WP, X theme and Cornerstone I can’t edit pages and posts within the language folders /en, /de, /sv. It is an awkward situation because it delays the development of my website.

The Dutch pages can be edited with Cornerstone. All pages within the language folders having the message below:
“The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin conflict, or customizations introducing a PHP error.”

Do you have any further information about the issue being fixed?

Thanks,
Ingrid

Hey Ingrid,

Please see our developer’s response in this thread.

Thanks.

Can you paste the rest of that message from your developer? Thank you.

Hi there,

You can click the arrow down icon and it will expand and display the entire message.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks again for the fast response:grinning :.
Sorry to inform you that the workaround you provided doesn’t work. I pasted the code into the functions.php of my child theme.
Buying a WPML license is very expensive so I really hope there will be a solution for Polylang working together with Cornerstone in the future. Wished I have never did an update. Before it worked seamlessly.

Regards,
Ingrid

Hi Ingrid,

We understand our concerns.

Although we cannot provide an ETA for the solution the issue has been placed on our issue tracker.

Thank you for understanding

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.