Point Release Needed

Could you folks do everyone a huge favor and fix the giant bug where often the item you click on is not selected? I just asked the Pro support group on FB if they are experiencing it and every single person responded that they were. So…how is this not fixed already? Guys, this is URGENT. This bug is incredibly annoying and probably steals an hour of my team’s time collectively every day.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in but please clarify the bug and how we can reproduce it so we can try to replicate it on our end and report it to our issue tracker.

Thanks,

For real? This affects every user of Pro. Every user. You can replicate this bug several thousand different ways. Just use Pro (header builder or regular page editor, doesn’t matter). Click around, change things, click around some more. Elements clicked do not always select. In fact they only select about 60% of the time. Has nobody there really experienced this? Then that makes you guys the only ones…

Hi @co50,

Another support here. I tried on my test sites but could not replicate the issue as well.
It is most likely that you are using an older version of PRO.

Please check for the following first:

1 Ensure everything is up to date. The latest version numbers are

Pro 2.3.8, X 6.3.8, Cornerstone 3.3.8

Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2 If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3 If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4 Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5 Temporarily remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates. Then check if issue persist

6 Contact your host to increase your allocated memory and maximum execution time or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

set_time_limit(300);
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

7 Check php version and mysql. Wordpress requires

PHP version 7.2 or greater.
MySQL version 5.6 or greater

8 Make sure you have the latest version of wordpress.

The latest version is wordpress 4.9.8

Please confirm you have done all these and if the issue persist kindly provide us your wordpress admin login and ftp in secure note.

Thanks.

We are well past level 1 support suggestions, my man. Everything is up to date. Caching plugins do not cache the admin. The rest of your suggestions make no sense. You realize PHP and MySQL are server-side and the issue is browser-side, correct? Same with the memory limit. Completely unrelated. Can you please pass this off to Kyle or someone else with expertise in maybe javascript? Virtually EVERYONE outside of Themeco is experiencing this issue. It affects every site. It’s not a plugin. It’s no caching. It’s YOU.

Giving you our login credentials for one site is not going to resolve the issue. It affects every site, it’s a problem with your browser-side code in the editor. Again, look at the screenshot from the FB forum. I didn’t cherry-pick those comments. Everyone experiences this.

Hi @co50,

With our limited understanding of how to reproduce this issue, then we may not able to confirm this but we’ll continue checking. I also tried it based on a said statement from your screenshot and working just fine on my installation. Video recording will be helpful in case we just missed it on our end.

I will forward this thread once the video is available as we need to verify the issue before we could even add it to our issue tracker.

Thanks!

Sorry - was off for a few days. Just got in and made a video for you that demonstrates the issue:

https://ufile.io/c8wmy

On a side note, the FB Themeco community is flabbergasted that nobody at Themeco experiences this when everyone in the real world does. Our guess is that you guys a) don’t have a trained real-world beta team to test Pro releases. b) use clean, bare-bones test sites in house. Really the only explanation we can think of. But it’s a massive issue that’s flying under your radar somehow.

Hey @co50,

Thanks for the video and we’re sorry for the confusion. This is actually a known issue which regretfully does not yet have a fix. There’s still only 1 issue that has been reported though (see the possibility why below) and now since you brought it to our attention, I’ll add the video and your screenshots to the report.

The issue wasn’t elaborated at first though that is why we wanted to clarify first and the basic troubleshooting steps was suggested.

I’ll add your video to our previous report. For now, you will need to click another element before selecting the element that you wish to select. See https://youtu.be/KbA5fZSJorQ. Or, you allow like 3 seconds gap before or after switching to another element, it might work. See https://youtu.be/5WRVWekOiFE. Yes, I understand it’s not convenient if you work fast.

Classic elements are not affected by this issue. See https://youtu.be/5WRVWekOiFE

Regarding your comment:

Our products were tested by both professionals (internal beta testing) and users (user beta testing). Some users test it on live sites so it’s real world testing. Users differ in page building workflow though so maybe this issue was not widely noticed and we didn’t receive many reports. I personally didn’t notice this either until you elaborated the issue. Please note that I also build pages. My workflow is just different. Maybe I’m switching to different elements frequently.

With that said, please don’t assume that we all know the issue because there are a lot of user workflow that’s also why it is important to report.

Each support staff has a test site or sites in different server environments. Most are not live though and it depends on the site’s traffic. Please note that page building might require connection to the server via AJAX from time to time.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.