Plugin Parse Error

After deactivating old plugins and reinstalling the 2.0 versions with the latest update, I am receiving a Parse Error when I try and activate the Google Analytics I am unable to.

This is not the only issue I am having with my theme after this recent update. Images also do not seem to be loading in properly and this was not the case prior to the new software push. I know this is another issue but any help for both of these is much appreciated.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I am trying to replicate the issue on our local testing server. I did not encounter such error. To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
ā€“ Link to your site
ā€“ WordPress Admin username / password
ā€‹
Thank you.

Hi RueNel,

I have updated the secure note so please find that login information there.

Iā€™m trying to sort this out so I appreciate any help I can get with activating and using these plugins.

Thanks!

Hi there,

It seems to be an incompatibility between the new versions of the plugins and the old version of the theme prior to version 5. Please kindly make a complete backup of your website and try to update your theme to version 5.1.1:

Also, the given user and password do not have administrator privileges and I could not see the plugins that you have installed. Some of our plugins are updated to version 2.0.2, please make sure that you update them to the latest version.

Thank you.