Plugin Issues?

All my plugins are behaving very badly and I’m wondering if anyone has had any issues related to this theme. Is there an update to the theme that I should worry about? I haven’t updated the theme in… a very long time (9+ months?).

At this point, I can’t login to the pages to edit them via Cornerstone. I also can’t turn half of my plugins on (Yoast and Ninja Forms).

My hosting company is no help, since i got myself into this mess. Thought i would ask here next.

Just a note that after waiting two hours, I can now update the pages with Cornerstone again.
I can’t update or activate any of my plugins still though. So I’m wondering if it’s at all related to the theme.
So let me know :slight_smile:

Hey @Dx3Creations,

We have received no reports that our products caused issues with activation of third party plugins.

If after 2 hours you’ve been able to use Cornerstone again, it could be that your web host limited your server resources. Try asking your host if your site’s resources has been limited this week or month.

Editing in Cornerstone uses server resources. But, it’s not only Cornerstone that does that. Third party plugins can do that too.

Regretfully, the issue you’ve described is too wide for us to investigate or it goes beyond the area of our products. I’d recommend that you do the listed common solutions that applies to your site.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. If you’re using a child theme, switch to the parent theme and temporarily remove all custom CSS and Javascript you’ve added in your site.

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Okay, thanks

You’re welcome.

Updating the theme worked! Also GoDaddy upped my memory and something else in my “INI” file.
It’s working though so thank you.

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.