Plugin Deactivated Due To An Error

I haven’t worked on my site for a while and I went in to update some stuff and my sliders were not working. I updated to the latest Cornerstone and updated a bunch of plugs ins and then an error locked me out completely. I had to contact Blue Host to go in and reverse my updates so I could log into my admin page. My sliders are still not working properly, one is still missing, hyperlinks are not working, images just have a bunch of random words, my web site is a mess. I am not sure what to do. I am afraid if I touch anything (with my level of knowledge) it will make things even worse.

Here are some of the errors that I have seen…

Not Found
The requested URL /category/downshifting/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at oursecondhandlife.com Port 80

W3 Total Cache Error: some files appear to be missing or out of place. Please re-install plugin or remove /home4/ourseco2/public_html/wp-content/advanced-cache.php.

When I click on one of the pictures on the top…
The requested URL /winter-hiking-overnight-camping/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The plugin LayerSlider/layerslider.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.
The plugin amazon-affiliate-link-globalizer/amazon-link-globalizer.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.
The plugin amazon-link-engine/amazon-link-engine.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.
The plugin cornerstone/cornerstone.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.
The plugin envira-gallery/envira-gallery.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.
The plugin googleanalytics/googleanalytics.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.
The plugin pretty-link/pretty-link.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.
The plugin revslider/revslider.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.
The plugin w3-total-cache/w3-total-cache.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.
The plugin wordpress-seo/wp-seo.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

Thank you in advance for your help! I have searched and looked all over for ideas on what to do and I can’t figure out where to start.

My site name is www.oursecondhandlife.com

Thank you,
Nikki

Hello Nikki,

Thanks for writing in!

I checked the website and can see that Cornerstone is not installed and that’s why on website you see bunch of shortcodes. Please do following:

1. Please make a list of plugin that’s installed.
  2. Delete all plugins from Plugins > Installed Plugins.
  3. Then visit X menu to automatically download and install Cornerstone.
  4. From Plugins > Add new installed all the plugins that are required and activate the same.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Thank you so much! I will get started and see what happens. I appreciate your help!

It looks like there isn’t any plug ins installed. Is that what I am seeing?

Hello @Tieton05,

Thanks for updating the thread.

It’s basically a permission error message. Please refer following post for solution. Please use the FIX#2 in following tutorial.

Thanks.

Ok, thank you. I will let you know what happens

I did this and it still won’t let me update install Cornerstone.

I went into Blue Host and…
Change folder permissions on the wp-content directory to 775 and try the upload again
If it fails, change the permissions to 777 and try again
if it still fails then do step 1 and 2 for the “wp-content/uploads” directory too

Hello @Tieton05,

Would you mind providing us the WP and FTP login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can make a secure note with the following info:

• WP Admin URL
  • WP username
  • WP password
  • FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

I added a secure note with the info requested.

Hello @Tieton05,

I have logged and went ahead to fixed the issue.
All your plugins are present now. You can start activating them now.

Regards.

Thank you! Now my images are working but my menu bar still does this when I click on them.

Not Found
The requested URL /category/hiking/ was not found on this server.

How do I fix that?

Hello @Tieton05,

Your category page is now showing.
What did I do? I simply went to Settings > Permalinks and just updated the permalinks by hitting the “Save Changes” button.

Check your site now.

Thank you!! I appreciate your help so much! Can you tell me why that happens?

My site is almost fixed. I just have one other thing that I need help with. I had a slider on my home page, under my categories. It had 3 rotating slides. I am not sure what that slider was called. I don’t know where it went. Is there a way you can see what it was called? It isn’t showing up, so I am assuming I need to Activate something for it to show up. I don’t want to activate the wrong thing and mess things up.

Thanks again for your help!

Hi @Tieton05,

WordPress has a cache system for the permalinks, and by clicking the save button there again it flushes the cache. For more information:

Please kindly go to X > Theme Options > Ethos and enable the Archve Post Slider feature.

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you better support which you deserve. Having a long thread makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.