Please ensure your firewall is not blocking requests to theme.co

I am trying to update my software as directed, but I keep receiving this error: Could not establish connection. Please ensure your firewall is not blocking requests to theme.co

Hello @design,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

This generally means that your host is unable to connect with our server. suggest you to please take a look at following article for some solutions:

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

I was able to update in the past. I guess it is time to switch Themes to one that is not so cumbersome.

Hi @design,

That’s between your host and our server, and the connection is being blocked by your host environment and it’s not theme related. I recommend contacting your hosting provider about this.

And it will happen to any plugin or theme once you host blocked the requests too.

Thanks!

This is the response from host gator who states they host many many wordpress websites.

Hello There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hi @design,

I see, then there is no issue with the connection. But thanks for providing the screenshot, the community.theme.co is an old sub-domain where updates were served, but it’s different now. So I checked and confirmed that your theme is very old, and it’s trying to connect to the old sub-domain where it’s no longer available. The only solution is manually updating your theme through FTP, and once done, you can validate it again. Please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 under Manual Updates.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.