PHP 7 Upgrade

Hey, I’m trying to upload the PHP version from 5.6 to 7 in the server. I get a 503 error and when I check the plugins with PHP Compatibility Checker I get an error with the plugin wp-bakery and smush. I tried to deactivate each one of them separately and together and in each time the website broke.
How can I know for sure the error isn’t from the plugins? any suggestion or direction will help.

Thanks a lot,
Dafna.

Hi Dafna,

Actually, the PHP version 7.2 is very new and there are some incompatibilities with the core WordPress functionality. I strongly suggest that for the time being you use the version 7.1.

Regarding the third-party plug-in compatibility, we do not have any comments regarding the Smush plugin. You need to contact the developers of that plugin to follow up the case.

The visual composer plug-in should work with no problem. But you will need to make sure that you use the version of the plug-in that we recommend. You can go to X > Validation and install the compatible version of the plugin.

Please check the version compatibility article to know which version you should use with our theme.

Thank you.

Hi Chris,

*I’ve tried to upgrade to 7.0\7.1\7.2 and none of them worked.
*I don’t think the issue is with smush plugin since I deactivated it and it still didn’t upgrade the version.
*The visual composer version is 5.4.7.

What else can I check that might solve it?

Thanks.
Dafna.

Hi Dafna,

My test sites are runnig in 7.1 and it seems to work fine.

You can try deactivating your plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.