PHP? 7.0 or Higher

Hello

Was woundering does ethos theme support php 7.0? even if my cornerstone isn’t pro and my current is Version 2.1.7 and my xtheme is 6.0.4?

Hi,

Yes, it supports php 7 though xtheme 6.0.4 is not compatible with cornerstone 2.1.7.

Please update cornerstone plugin to version Cornerstone 3.0.4

Thanks

Alright thanks, my website seems to be working fine with the stated versions…Also, im not upgrading corner stone as im afraid my website will break cause i’ve added code into my functions.php and CCS and Java editiors…

With my current version of xtheme and cornerstone can i get my hosting to get me on php 7.0?

Hi There,

There are known incompatibility conflicts when you’re using older version of Cornerstone. For example test your mobile menu and see if that function properly.

With regard to your other concern, you can switch to PHP 7.0 and X theme is fully compatible with that version.

Thanks!

Mobile works fine…the menu dont work, but the visitors can still scroll down and click page 2 and go on my posts just fine…like, i would upgrade cornerstone if i was re-assured it wouldn’t mess my site up as im unable to test since i don’t have childtheme

Hello @Jord56,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Updating Cornerstone should not have any issues on the function.php file. However, it’s always advisable to test the upgrade process on a sagging server before upgrading on live website so that in case any issues comes up that can be resolved without effecting live website.

I am sharing the link that you can refer to update Cornerstone. Request you to please follow the steps mentioned:

Thanks.

Yes and i stated im unable to test so it would be a gamble. I changed some things in the CSS and JS in the theme options as well as some code in the editor…also all my plugin settings, perma links, they all might change cause of me upgrading cornerstone. I’m not wanting to take that risk, also all my articles on my blog not were not made with the cornerstone plugin just used the word press editor so not sure what that means, if my articles will be messed up.

Hello @Jord56,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

It’s difficult for us to give you the assurance as update process depends on lot of factors for ex hosting infrastructure, website architecture, level of customisation etc etc. That’s the reason why I suggested you to test the update on a staging server.

As you said that the article were not made using Cornerstone, does that mean you haven’t used Cornerstone to create any content on the website? If yes, then I don’t think there should be any issues while updating. However, I would still suggest you to test on a staging server.

Unfortunately beyond this it will be difficult for us to provide support. I think we have provided you all the necessary information that’s required to update Cornerstone. Now, it’s on you to take a decision.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.