Permission settings around Buddypress

Hi there,

I am using X theme with Buddypress to build a community site.

Here’s what I want to do (like Facebook)

1. When guests visit the site, they are presented the “Get Started” Page. They are blocked from all other pages.
  2. Login users are hidden from the “Get Started” Page. After they login, direct them to the “Blog” page.
  3. When users log out, force redirects them to “Get Started” Page

To achieve (1), I built the “Get Started” Page using Connerstone. It is simple, with a simple button that directs guests to login. I then used a plugin “BP Members Only” to block other access, forcing guests to register/login.

Now, (1) is achieved.

For (2), there are problems.
This is because login users can access the “Get Started” page by clicking on the logo at the top (as I have set that as “Home”). Moreover, I want to know how to redirect login to “Blog” Page.

For (3), when users log out, how to direct them to “Get Started” Page.

Site: https://heavykiwi.com/

Any ideas how to achieve this?
Any plugins?

Thanks so much!!

Hey @willplei,

Thanks for writing in. Regretfully, what you’re trying to achieve is beyond the scope of our support as it has more to do with the functionality of BuddyPress which is a third party plugin. You will post in BuddyPress support or hire or consult with a third party developer for this.

I also removed your login credentials for your security and privacy. Please add sensitive information in a Secure Note next time.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.