Pb with the grid, does not select featured product anymore

Hi,
I am using a grid in my homepage to display the main featured product from woocommerce. it use to work fine and I don’t know it does not work anymore. it does not display my featured prodict anymore, it displays some random product, I am not sure why. I Think it started since I have updated my theme and the grid plugin.
here are some screenshots:

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks

Hi There @7LeafClover

Thanks for writing in! First of all, make sure that you’re fully updated including WordPress, X theme, Cornerstone and WooCommerce plugin. You can check the latest version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

Then if you’re using a caching plugin on your site, purge server cache after updating your site and also head over to X -> Settings section and clear style cache.

Further you need to test for a plugin conflict by disabling your 3rd party plugins. You can do this using the following plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/health-check/) which has a trouble shooting mode. Once you enable the troubleshooting mode, it will only affect to the login user (not your site visitors). In this way you can disable your 3rd party plugins and see if the issue resolved.

If you’re still having issues, provide us with your login credentials in a secure note to investigate this issue further.

Thanks!

HI,

thanks i did not mention this.
But I have done all of this, the grid show up the last product added.
I just added new products in the backoffice and the products shown have changed.
So I dont think it is an issue fo cache neither. But I have cleared it indeed and tried also from different browser, different computer. I have disabled the last plugin I installed and it is the same.
Maybe I made a mistake in the settings?

Hello @7LeafClover,

Thanks for updating the thread.

To see if there is any conflicts between WooCommere and The Grid plugin, I testing on my local setup and it seems to be working fine. In that regards, can you please share login details in a secure note for us to take a closer look at your setup?

Thanks.

Hi,
let me try to disable plugins again.
Meanwhile I have read this post

it says: So once I selected “Products” as my post type, I had to select “featured” in the Category/Taxonomy terms. Everything now works!
But I can’t find the featured options Category/Taxonomy terms
I can give you the access after of course, but maybe it is related to thins issue.
what do you think?
thanks

Hi @7LeafClover,

Sure, please provide your login credentials in a secure note. And it’s under the Content Status in your screenshot, it’s not just included in your screenshot. It should be Category Filter section.

Thanks!

Hi,

I tried in the category filter, featured product options does not show up

thanks,

Hi @7LeafClover

Could you please provide your website login URL as well? I’ve tried the one I’ve shared below in a Secure Note but it didn’t work.

Thanks.

Hi @7LeafClover,

It’s here,

Uploading…

But looks like you haven’t created a featured category, please go to Products > Categories and add Featured. Then simply assign your selected product to Featured category. And on that grid, simply select the Featured category.

Thanks!

hi,

thanks four time and reply.
So this is new then? Before I just add to click on the star on the right side like:

Do you know why this is not available anymore?
it is since the last update?
If I create a new category and this is gonna show up on my side bar and I did not really want to do this:

The previous way I sed was much better. does it make sense?

Hi @7LeafClover,

Unfortunately, yes, it would display there. You may also check this https://createandcode.com/fix-broken-featured-products-woocommerce-3-0/

This is Woocommerce feature which you may need to clarify from them as there is no available workaround for now other than choosing a taxonomy.

Thanks!

OK I see, so this is new then, probably since I updated woocommerce last week.
Now it makes sense,
thanks,

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.