PayPal buttons don't show

Hi,

I work for a none profit organization that receives donations via PayPal. Everything was working fine, except that today my PayPal buttons stopped showing up.

When I go to edit my content via Cornerstone, I can’t do anything. The section I have, and its subsequent rows are showing up on the left but on the right, it doesn’t show anything - my content isn’t there. Yet, online everything is there, except my PayPal buttons.

Since the new update on Cornerstone, it has been extremely buggy on all of my websites. Especially with third party forms like PayPal and Machforms, which I’ve had to include as a link instead of embedding the form, which would be my preference: http://eurorelief.net/serve/

Anyway the PayPal issue is on the following page: http://eurorelief.net/give/

I’m working with
X vs. 5.2.3
Cornerstone vs. 2.1.4
Wordpress vs. 4.8.3

Please help!

Hi there @janetmsewell,

Thanks for writing in!

I see the forms in the markup of the page, but not actually loading (for the PayPal buttons). Can you post some FTP and WP Admin Login details in a secure note please so we can can further debug this for you.

Thanks!

Hi,

If you could help me with my PayPal issue but also my form problem, that would be great!

It’s on this page:

the form isn’t displaying but instead this text is:
(function(f,o,r,m){ r=f.createElement(‘script’);r.async=1;r.src=o+‘js/mf.js’; m=f.getElementById(‘mf_placeholder’); m.parentNode.insertBefore(r, m); })(document,’//eurovolunteers.eurorelief.net/machform/’);

Are the two problems related?

Thank you for your help!

Hi There,

When I check the page, donate button is already showing in the frontend and the content is showing too on the Cornerstone builder:

Regarding the form, javascript code should be added via child theme function. If there’s a way to create shortcode from your form that would be better. If not, please remove the following script from the text element.

<script>
	(function(f,o,r,m){
		r=f.createElement('script');r.async=1;r.src=o+'js/mf.js';
		m=f.getElementById('mf_placeholder'); m.parentNode.insertBefore(r, m);
	})(document,'//eurovolunteers.eurorelief.net/machform/');
</script>

Add it on you child theme functions.php file instead. See this guide: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-actions-and-filters-in-x/208

Hope this helps.

Hi,
The earlier staff member, Jack, who was helping me with this had the same problem… the buttons aren’t showing up for him either.

This is what I get

The buttons aren’t showing up. This has been going on for over a week now, we need to be able to process donations! We’ve got 6000 refugees on an island in Greece needing these donations, please help me fix this!

When I remove the suggested script element, the function text disappears but the form doesn’t appear.

Hi there,

It’s a bug in v2 text editor, please use classic text element instead. This is already known and our developers are already on it :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thank you! That finally worked.

Guys I’m sorry but it’s not acceptable that it took close to 10 days to get such a simple solution. Especially since it’s a “known” issue.

Hi there,

We are sorry for the inconvenience, actually, it has been known roughly at the same time my colleague informed you. We had other threads regarding this also.

We really appreciate your patience and understanding, we will have a fix for this in the upcoming release.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.