Password gets changed when clicking cornerstone or settings

I have X Pro installed. From the WP dashboard, if I select cornerstone or settings for the theme, it immediately opens the wordpress login. And my password is no longer valid. If I step through a password reset (and log back in), again, clicking the theme features will cause my password to no longer be valid again.

How do I get into the theme tools? Thank you.

I investigated this some more, and it’s not actually changing the password. It just behaves like the credentials are not present when I’m within certain x theme pages.

The following links work from the dashboard:

X (Validation) – works
X (Settings) – works
X (Cornerstone) – causes the login page to appear. it does not accept any user/pw combos
X (Templates) – same, fails to the login page
X (Theme Options) – same, tales to the login page

The urls for these pages (Validation, and Settings) go to https://site/wp-admin/admin.php?page=

The ones that fail have a url path of:

https://site/x/#/content

I’m new to this – let me know how I can correct this!

Thanks.

Hi Calvin,

This seems to be a side effect of wrong permalink settings. Please go to Settings > Permalinks and make sure that you set the permalink to the option below and save:

If you have that option selected hit the save button anyway to force the permalinks cache cleared.

The second step will be to go to X > Settings and change the Custom Path to something other than x:

Then go to X > Settings, scroll down and click the Clear Style Cache button. That will ensure that the main URL of the builder will change.

If you still have problems then please follow the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

No dice. I went and:

1. Changed the Custom PAth to something other than x.
  2. Cleared Style Cache button.

When I click Cornerstone, it immediately goes to the login screen for wordpress.

My installed version is 6.2.5

I paid for the Pro version, but I don’t see the version of Pro here.

I have no idea how to get the version for Cornerstone, I’ve never been able to get into it.

This is all from a clean install of Wordpress and a clean install of X. I’ve also gone into the command line and I saw the user/group ownership on the x folder was not the same as the other themes and I tried changing that, also no luck.

All my third party plugins are NOT active – this is a clean install. I did try to install and active the slider plugin, because a popup said it was necessary for certain demo content. But also, no dice, either way, it does not let me in.

There is no custom CSS and Javascript or anything–this is a clean instal.

Not using a CDN.

I’ll try increasing the PHP memory limit in a moment, but so far no luck. What next?

I adjusted the PHP memory limit to 512M and this situation remains the same. I’ll send you a secure note.

Thanks.

Hello There,

When I visit your staging login url, I got redirected to an IP address:
http://104.xxx.xx.x/wp-login.php

Please make sure that your WordPress dashboard url is the same as your site url and wordpress address url in Settings > General.

For example:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.