Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING or '(' in/wp/wp-content/plugins/envira-gallery/envira-gallery.php on line 40

I have deleted the plug-in and reinstall it again but the problem still there. What else I can do. I previous install envira-gallery-lite.

Hi @dustfu,

Thanks for writing in.

Please follow the steps below:

Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here.

If you are fully updated and still not working, please try to deactivate or remove the envira-gallery-lite before reinstalling it again.

If still not working, please share us your FTP and Admin credentials so we could check your setup closer.

Don’t forget to set it in a secure note.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

I deleted the plugin and reinstall the plug-in. I also deactivate all other plug-in. And my site wordpress is up to dated. the envira-gallery is still not working. I have the site currently pulse. This is artis portfolio site, the gallery function is very important. Please help. thanks!

The staging site has no problem activated the plugin.

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the login information. I installed the WP Server Info plugin and went to Dashboard > WP-ServerInfo menu. The problem that you are experiencing is because of the old PHP version installed on your server (5.2). You need to have at least version 5.6+ or 7.1+. For more information about the supported versions and active ones in the PHP Community please follow the links below:

http://php.net/supported-versions.php

Thank you.

I purchased a template that can’t use? This is a share server, I can put a request to update PHP but I don’t know if I am going to get it. Any suggestion?

Hi There,

Sorry for inconvenience caused. WordPress recommends PHP 7.2.x (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/), however X theme recommends PHP 5.6.x or later to support maximum compatibility.

Most of the shared hosting platforms allows to switch PHP versions through their control panel, so you may also have an option on your control panel. Or else you can contact your hosting provider directly.

Thanks for understanding.

I just updated PHP v5.6.32. The plug-in is still not working.

Hi There,

I have disabled Envira Light plugin and the Envira Gallery plugin is functioning properly now.

Could you please confirm on your end as well.

Thanks!

Yes, it work now. Thanks you!

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.